Newbie introduction

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Jay Cassetta, Sep 7, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay Cassetta

Jay Cassetta Plankton

Hello to everyone.
    In the early 90s I had a 200 gallon saltwater aquarium for 6 years. I had an under gravel filter, a wet dry filter, and a venturi protein skimmer. I had fish and a few shrimp and that was all. It ran with little to no issues and I sold it all when I moved to Virginia. I am planning on retiring in the next few years and moving to NC. I want to start a small Reef tank here in VA, maybe 55 gallons, to learn with and then when I finally relocate to NC, I want to set up a 200 gallon reef tank.

Obviously, a lot has changed in the hobby in the last 20 years. Not only that I have a limited understanding of keeping inverts and such as would be with a reef tank. This is what brings me to you all. I am interested in learning as much as I can before I start my 55 gallon reef tank. For that matter I want to learn as much as possible before I even purchase a tank and the rest of the equipment let alone start it up. So any help and comments on my questions will be appreciated as I am just a neophyte.

Besides here on this site, what are other good sites I can view and learn from? What about books that would be the best for start up of a reef tank?

Thanks,
    Jay

2. Click Here!

3. jacobcarl

jacobcarl Plankton

Hello everyone, I am jacob carl 24 years old , new to this group. Thank you.

4. Shawn1980

Shawn1980 Plankton

Hello everyone! I've owned a 180 gallon FOWLR predator and I'm looking to start a 360 gallon FOWLR plywood build in January.