New Tunze Magnets for Tunze PH's.

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by beamer, Aug 21, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

For those who are interested Tunze now has a magnet mount for their Power Heads. I'm wanting to order a couple of the Tunze 6000 PH and thought the magnetic mount would be neat to have. My understanding is that due to the demand and difficulty in manufacturing, they are on back order.

I don't know if I'm suppose to do this or not but here is a thread from RC. that will give some info and a pic on the new magnet.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=409342&highlight=magnets

I would be interested in knowing what everyone else thinks.

Cindy

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Wow. What a cool idea.
    They needed to do that. Their bracket mounts are a pain in the butt on American tanks.
    Not to mention pretty big too.

Just keep you magnetic algae scappers away from them. [smiley=biglaugh.gif]

4. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

Your right Matt, I hadn't thought about that. ::)

Cindy

5. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

I guess I'll be put on the waiting list for some. Got to have some for my 6100. Like Matt said the mounting brackets are a pain. They would work great if the tanks had no frame. The frame on my AGA was almost too big for the standard bracket. Cindy, are you getting a stream or a ph?

6. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

What's the difference?  I think they call the one I plan on ordering a stream. The number is 6000.

Never mind, I just looked it up. I am getting the Stream 6000. I've decided on two of them along with the new multicontroller when it comes out plus the magnets.

Cindy

7. reefman_MC

A stream spreads the flow out and a power head only shoots it into the core area of the water. A stream uses a propeller and a Ph uses an impeller. I recently got my stream and I love it. You will be very pleased with the streams. Do you have a sand bed?

8. Click Here!

9. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

Thanks reefman!

I do have a sandbed-about 3-4 in. I will be replacing it soon. I believe I remember your tank being bare bottom and I have considered it but my husband wants the sand. I like it also. We will probably go with just 3 in.

Thanks for the info on the streams. I just need to get busy and order them but I want the magnets for it and they are on back order. I guess I'd better get in line for it.

Did you get one or two streams? They suggested that I get two and control it so that they alternate with each other.

Cindy

10. reefman_MC

With a 120 you'll be better off with the two smaller ones. I have a 75 and it will almost blow everything away with just the one. The corals will get used to it.

11. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

Do you mean the smaller stream-6000, or do you mean a smaller power head?

Cindy

12. reefman_MC

I mean the stram 6000. They're the smallest of the streams. I think they're 1600GPH. In a 120 you'll want to spread the flow out instead of having all of it coming from one huge stream.