New to the hobby . . . figured I should introduce myself

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by justonwo, Aug 11, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. justonwo

justonwo Fire Shrimp

Hmmm . . . you may be right looking at photos of the acropora. My cousin is telling me you are correct and I was mistaken. There's a valida in there somewhere, supposedly. Perhaps it was a casualty of the move?

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

You would be able to tell before I could, it's your tank ;)

I'll take a frag of that lokani as my reward ;)

4. justonwo

justonwo Fire Shrimp

Here are some better photos. In the last photo I changed the Kessil color to white. I would love to reward you with a frag, but first I have to get comfortable with basic maintenance! Ha ha. Looks like I need to learn how to take better reef photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

It's a nice piece, and I agree not a Valida, looks very similar. I agree with Va Reef's ID as well.

You certainly have a natural talent for this hobby. Most newer hobbyist do not succeed so readily.

justonwo likes this.
  6. justonwo

justonwo Fire Shrimp

Thanks everyone. Looking at pictures online, it would seem you are right. I have been misled! :)

Corailline, I guess perhaps this is one place where being incredibly obsessive compulsive can be beneficial.

DSC reef and Corailline like this.
  7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

welcome to the forum justonwo and this wonderful hobby! You did an excellent job in moving the tank with so little loss and restart that looks awesome! You inherited a very nice setup - beautiful corals and great selection of fish and inverts.

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Fragging is much easier than you think ;) you'll probably find yourself making frags when you clean the tank lol. Only bad thing about sps is how easily you get unintentional frags.

Regardless, it's a beautiful piece, worth much more than an equivalent tricolor (valida).

justonwo likes this.
  10. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Welcome to the forum! Great job with keeping the aquarium alive in the move. That's a really nice setup you have.

11. justonwo

justonwo Fire Shrimp

One mustn't rest on one's laurels lest one fall into one's Kessil light whilst cleaning one's tank and subsequently submerge it in seawater. :(

Corailline likes this.