New to 3reef but not new to salt

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by MatroxD, May 15, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tgood

tgood Sea Dragon

Sounds like a nice tank, can't wait to see it!

2. Click Here!

3. MatroxD

MatroxD Plankton

Thanks,it's been up a year and a month.

Fish:
    Tribal blenny(New)
    2 cleaner wrasse
    Yellow head jawfish
    Blue dot goby
    Flame Angel
    Foxface
    Mimic Tang
    Hippo Tang
    Niger trigger
    3 stripe damsel
    Black/white chromis
    (2)Clarke Clown: mated pair
    Copperband
    (5) PJ cardinals
    Blue mandarin

Lol,I miscounted 21(more than I thought).. The large species are still small. The largest is the Fox at about 4", the rest of the larger species are still babies(I call them) at about 3". My mimic is just beginning to change his fins to black. And they all maintain different zones(that was it goal)and get along pretty good with the exception of the cleaner wrasse(one of them) that it's sort of mean, but he has backed off of even the blenny already. But yeah, this is it as far as fish by far. Didn't realize we had that many, lol!

And my sps I'm still learning and though they are growing great(all started from less than 1/2" frags starting last October), I'm getting more light to them now for color and was why I upgraded to leds(two weeks ago today and running 50/35 blue to white for a hour at the apex) and am slowly ramping them up so I can get to hopefully 50 on the whites(channel 2).

4. leialittle

leialittle Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Welcome to the site!

5. MatroxD

MatroxD Plankton

6. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

Now that's a stocking list. Can't wait to see what your setup looks like.
    I'm not an led guy but it sounds like you have the the lighting schedule down.

7. MatroxD

MatroxD Plankton

I did that pretty much on my halide system that I had and just got rid of. I pretty much have changed my complete filtration system since February. I was using a sulfur reactor and gfo to handle the excess, but I wanted to revisit pellets since they have the recirculation reactors now. I'm glad I did!

And as soon as I can play with the dark for a few, I'm sure I'll be able to get some decent pics.

And I was and had been a non fish guy until last year when I began letting my wife pick the ones we purchased. She has a much better eye than me, and every one she has picked has done great. Sho I leave the diving if fish up to her. But even she has said that at this point, let's just let things grow and not add any possibility of overcrowding or even worse, some possible infection.

Lol, if I can stop adding frags, we'll be ok.:D But there's so much beauty out there, that now that I'm comfortable, I'd love to do different species. But we have a "lot" of pieces that, once they grow more, I'm going to have to do something..

Lol! I do still want a Red Dragon and grape cap frags and then, I'll be done for a long time I believe. But it's fun for me just watching them grow.

Oh,I do have some under my halide. They have grown since these however.

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Welcome to 3reef.

Beautiful corals.

10. MatroxD

MatroxD Plankton

Thank you and thank you..

11. tgood

tgood Sea Dragon

Nice coral, do you have a FTS?