New tank questions

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Buzz1ightyear, Jan 28, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Keeping corals alive depends on your lighting and params. Way different than fish. What type of lighting do you have? What are your calcium, Alk and mag readings at? Once your first coral goes in then the addiction begins. Lol.

2. Click Here!

3. Buzz1ightyear

Buzz1ightyear Astrea Snail

I've got t5 lighting and am working on getting my water parameters perfect I'm mostly looking for suggestions on what fish I should add right now and any thing like sea stars and what not. I just want to know what looks cool and try to get some good looking colorful fish in there

4. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Doesn't a Catalina goby require cooler water temp to be kept long term? Firefish would be fine. Coral aren't as bad or tough to take care of as some may lead you to believe. There's tons of stuff to add as far as colors.

5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Corals like anything else for our tanks are easy to take care of if you understand the requirements of the coral and can provide what it needs to thrive. You have a small system and params can go south quickly in a small tank. Your new to the hobby so I was just suggesting going slow and get an understanding of what corals you want to keep instead of just throwing them in and hoping for the best.

6. Cheygirl8

Cheygirl8 Astrea Snail

Well you could go with a Pink and blue spotted Goby, they are super cute! Plus it may room up with your shrimp and they will look out for each other :) There is also the Large Banded Goby which it's this thick manly goby fish. I have both said fish in my tank and they are quite the characters! You could also do Banggai Cardinals, they are B/W sure, but they are neatly patterned and are neat to watch.