NEW TANK (looks new, anyways)

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by bmshehan, Feb 14, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

hey all finally got my camera up and running and got some pics of my tank as it cycles, the first 2 pics were at 6pm and the last 3 were at 7pm!! think i have all the rock that i want in now thanks to otty and a great deal on some rock!! almost all of it was fully cured, ready to go. think it stressed my clowns out for a sec, but they pulled through. finally starting to look more like a reef tank!!!;D;D;D

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

looking nice.just remeber patience is the key.dont go dumping crazy amounts of fish and other thing in there lmao.(im guilty)lol

4. bmshehan

i'm concentrating on hardware for the next 2 months as my tank settles in. then i will start slowly adding fish. going slow and watchin it grow!!

5. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

get the itty bitty fish so you can see them grow.ive seen my clowns grow and my goby.

6. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Looking Great!

Those clowns look a bit lonely. But be patient, you can plan now while waiting what company you want to get them!

Good Luck.

7. bmshehan

like i said, think i'm gonna concentrate on equipment for now, then livestock. need to get some mh, then set up my wet/dry and fuge, calcium skimmer, etc. once i get that stuff done, i will slowly start stocking up. i'm sure i will add some corals throughout the process, but gotta wait a little while for my tank to finish seeding. been researching fish to pass the time and i am really starting to get attached to banggai cardinal fish, but that might change 100 times from now and when i'm ready to add some fish!! the one thing that is a definite to add is a mandarin goby, but that will be at least a year away!:( i LOVE the look of those things, and they got a great personality!:)

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Sue-weet! Glad the rock helped you out, I sure couldn't fit any more of it in my sump...;D Tank really looks nice. It will give you many years of enjoyment if you are patience with it.

1 person likes this.
  10. bmshehan

thanks for the rock buddy, mommy is even gettin in on it tellin me where she thought the rocks looked good at... been trying to get her into it so she will maybe let me spend a couple extra bucks on it each month!!

11. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Wait until the little one gets old enough to start enjoying it, Mommy will be a sucker for what the kid likes. ;)

1 person likes this.
  12. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Looks like your off to a great start...