NEW Superman Monti Soloman Islands

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by adam, Mar 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I've never seen it in a store around here.. And I go in about 6 different stores regularly to see what they've got. There's only one store that specializes in high end corals and it would probably be $500 in his store ... all of this still of course depending on it being true superman. I know a couple local reefers that have true superman and it looks awesome. ..
    by the way I've seen that blue encrusting monti that you mentioned in the same guys tank.. it ain't quite the same... but he said a lot of people think it's superman at first. He also had a frag in the bottom of the tank that looked brown. So of course proper lighting and placement will make it or break it.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I wouldn't really care so much if it was a "true" superman or not. I'm not sure I'd be able to tell the difference between it and a "false" one so if the price was right and the colors remained "true", I'd buy it any day :)

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Yea, I already have a small frag of it, it is about 3/4", but it's growing

5. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I meant to say that for the people that would also buy it then why don't you buy the other large piece and also frag it?

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Because I can't afford it at the moment :D

7. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I know the feeling as I also can not afford it. But I want it anyway;D

8. Click Here!

9. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

I "could" afford it, but to me it's only 1 coral. And fosters does not do the free shipping on orders over whatever, which to me seems a bit unfair. If I am going to spend 230+ on your stuff you could at least offer some form of a discount or even free shipping, that's just robbery IMO.

10. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I agree but its $179 plus shipping. They should give free shipping for that price

11. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

I don't have any problem finding exotic corals at my LFS. Of course my LFS is world wide corals! lol. They have a 1/2" superman monti frag for $50.

If I had the extra money and were building an SPS tank, I would buy it from live aquaria. That is a huge coral, and its like $18 per 1/2" frag. However I don't have the extra money, and considering I am a newbie I am sticking with softies and zoa's for now but plan to get some LPS soon.

12. shipbear

shipbear Bubble Tip Anemone

If I were set up for one, and wanted it.. I would get it..
    I wouldn't frag it, I would have it as the center piece of my tank..
    I have paid to much for some corals, but they were hard to find..
    And I please myself first.. So if you can care for it, and have the money..
    Go for it..

Later, Larry