new sun coral

Discussion in 'NPS Corals' started by acemow, Jul 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. acemow

acemow Purple Spiny Lobster

Thanks, all!
    Divott, $55 for the piece.
    Will, I'm feeding mysis cube mixed with a bit of tank water to thaw and a bit of frozen Cycl-o-peze, I have a medicine syringe dispenser but I think a dropper type feeder would be easier. My turkey baster loses the mix before I can release it where I want it. For right now I put my mesh breeder cage over the coral to keep the pesky shrimp from taking the food, but I'll use the small fruit basket when I get one.

2. Click Here!

3. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

i have heard some people actually remove them from the tank and place into a a bowl with tank water to feed . . . I cut a 2 liter soda bottle top off, but it dosen't fit over my cluster where I have them in the rock work. my turkey baster seems to work fine as long as i keep the tip above the ball untill i'm ready to feed (giggity).

~Will.

4. acemow

acemow Purple Spiny Lobster

I think I'm going to use my mesh breeder cage to put the piece in and feed, it hangs on the tank and is conveniently removable when I'm finished. Then I won't need the fruit basket.

5. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I got one with 50 heads for $60. I thought that was a better deal than normal around here. Usually 20-30 heads for that price.