New sump

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Phil5613, Jan 18, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Phil, I to just finished a DIY sump. Mine did not include a refugium. But something I did may interest you.
    by the use of baffles (I used 5) I was able to create several compartments that were not effected by evaporation. That way I could submerse my Skimmer and not loose effectiveness. In you case you could turn a section into a refugium. The position of the baffles will determine the spade at witch water move over/under them

J

2. Click Here!

3. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

Cool idea! I decided to wait on a new sump and added a diy yorself refugium to my existing Aquaclear sump. It works great. Now with the savings on the lights and an inexpensive addition to the sump, I can now begin begging for permission to begin anothet tank. I am thinking aggressive reef, Like an eel, niger trigger and such but to honest Until I get permission from the wife/book-keeper I haven't concentrated on a stocking list.

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Phil I also did it like that. I ca not get a new sump under my tank. the 20 gal long is too wide and I thought about using 3 10 dallons but never have drilled them to begin the DIY.

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Phil, good luck getting the Contoller to see that the extra room in your budget is there!