New slim skim skimmer! Verse coralife 65

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by cosmo, Nov 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

The purpose of the vents being located where they are is to *surface skim* our water. Without having an *over flow* the surface of our water would look like an oil slick. Mine did before I added a pre-skimmer box to my intake pump.
    Watch your waters surface for signs of protein. If you see it then the skimmer is to low.

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I misunderstood what NanaRefer was saying. I run it basically, to the bottom the the 'Hydor' name.

I just dumped the cup out when i got home and added new sw to replace what I dumped out. The cup fills about half full with water and the rest is foam, after about 3 days.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Yeah mine isn't even broke in yet and I'm getting good skim! Think I'll keep it there! If it ain't broke!

5. NanaReefer

I can actually see from your pic how the water is being pulled from the surface :) perfect! I'm excited cant wait to get one.

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Nanareefer! Amazon almost messed up and forgot to send me a return label! I made the mistake of calling and the girl said sh didn't need it back, but the said, hold on let me check! Was gonna send it to ya for shipping! I have a free T5 4 bulb system that way! But alas, they wanted it back! I tried! Did ya sell your frag yet?

7. NanaReefer

UGH! So sad fer me lol. It's not a frag I'm selling it's my Sony PSP bundle :)

8. Click Here!

9. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

I'm not able to produce foam above the water level, it just kinda bubbles up and pops of the surface. Unless I shove my collection cup deep into the skimmer, I'm not able to pull the pulls up and into the cup. Any thoughts on this?

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

your tank is too clean?

Is it producing alot of bubbles?

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

lol, i get numb to all the abbreviations

Sorry for the loss, but there will be a cooler thing out soon!

12. NanaReefer

Yeah not worried about selling it at all...Sony's coming out with something new anyways...if it'll get me my skimmer I'm cool :)