New site bug thread

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DavidTurner

DavidTurner Feather Duster

I understand the need for revenue but the very top header of the website looks far better when it is the website instead of an ad. Drop the ad under the banner and its' links.

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I noticed this too. That's a nasty bad bug. (searching archives for my skimmer)

It is how i remember it working... I remember it being anything you've already read didn't show up in 'new posts'. including ones you're the last poster on.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I've started an inquiry into this issue with Google search.

This is not a bug for the bug thread. But thanks for feedback.

5. homegrowncorals

homegrowncorals Ribbon Eel

Hay Matt i noticed i dont have a thumbs up or down on my post's did i miss a setting or is it due to the mozilla firefox web browser im using . :confused:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  6. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

Thank you! Will it be on the user cp or the home page?

BTW, in case you haven't heard it enough....THANKS!! GREAT JOB!! You sure picked a sloooooowww time of the year to add something this big to your plate::)

*can you hear/read the sarcasm?* LOL!

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I am not sure where I will put it yet. I was leaning toward the homepage again. Cool?

Yes I hear the sarcasm. :)
    I don't know what it is about Christmas. Last year the site was down due to some Yahoo Spiders having a feeding frenzy on the shopping cart. It took me about 30 hours to fix all that.

Unfortunately it is going to take me longer this year. I have my reasons why it needed to get out, but this cookie should have stayed in the oven longer. :p I am proud of features but a bit embarrassed by the unfinished design work. Oh well, I will get it done.

8. Click Here!

9. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

Yep, that sounds like a great place for it!

Wow! Sounds like you are a very busy person....and I completely understand...some times you just gotta do it no matter what the season. I always did like eating raw cookie dough;D

I think that the design is great and I am thrilled that you are taking the members suggestions and incorporating what you can. This is just one more reason that I stay with this forum more than others and why I send any new reefers to this site!

10. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

No. I remember seeing me being the last poster on the new threads page quite often.

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Become a 3reef supporter ;D

http://www.3reef.com/forums/payments.php

Are you sure you're not just talking about the old home page? That would show you as last poster, but the little 'new posts' link would not. It never showed them for me anyway...

12. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

when my skin is set to dark, i can not read Visitor messages to my profile (I can if I highlight them). The words become white on white.

If i change to a different skin, i can read them fine.