New site bug thread

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks for screen shots.
    Yes, that is because you were the last poster. You will only get the arrow if there is a new post. (other than yours)

DOUBLE SPACING BUG IN THE FORUM THREADS/POSTS HAS BEEN FIXED FOR ALL THREADS/POSTS.

Sorry about that one. That one was unexpected.
    You might have to do a shift-reload on the homepage to get it to display the way it has been after this. I did. It got crunched.

2. Click Here!

3. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

ok I can understand the arrow. However, in the second screen shot the thread isn't present at all.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ahh.. I see... Well that was the 'new posts' link right? And you were the last poster so it would not consider that 'new' to you. I think that is how it works.

5. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

Hmmm. That's not how it worked before the upgrade.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ok. I will add to the list for review.

FYI - I awoke today with THE solution to recent threads and general skin's readability issues.. may have it all done today. :)

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Bug fixed:

The new features 'Lists' and 'View Subscriptions' now work site wide. (On non-forum pages)

You may need to do a shift-reload to load the new script.

New Bug:

Karma bar got long. Not sure when that happened. I added it to the list.

Bug fix in progress:

Member profile page loads vertically - development has begun here... ETA of fix is end-of-day Friday.

I came up with a lot of solutions for polishing recent threads on homepage and skins and making them more readable. My idea should really clean it up but I need to make some graphics and write code... I will work on that over the next few days. ETA of fix... Before Monday.

Thanks for hanging in there!

:)

matt

8. Click Here!

9. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

This is not really a bug, just a question..and I will apologize in advance if it is a stupid one...I am sure you have a million other things that are more important.

On the old home page their used to be a line that read "rep power" where you could see how much karma you gave someone at a time. Is that still on here somewhere and I just can't find it? Is it something I should just be able to figure out?? I can still see how much karma I have....just liked knowing how much I was giving someone else.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Oops. I will add it back. Thanks.

11. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

i dont know why but no matter what i set the forum skin as (even in user CP) the homepage is always in the white or mint skin, but then when i go to the forums it goes back to the one i selected.

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Very strange. I just tried all my browsers... what are you using? Have you tried holding shift-key and reloading on the homepage?