New Saltwater Aquarist, lots of questions!

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by KatherineM, Dec 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

2. Click Here!

3. KatherineM

KatherineM Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

ok, is the one I linked the right kind though? It says it is, but im just kinda looking for clarification from someone who actuallys knows what there talking about. Im clueless about all these systems

4. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

IF your looking for a unit, the one you linked is not good enough. I live in AZ also and have the 5 stage standard unit.

5. KatherineM

Whats the diffrence between a unit and the one I linked? Cause the one I linked will do the job, but why is a unit better?

6. KatherineM

Soif you got them when they were still very small, and put them in a tank under the recommended size, would they stay small enough to fit in the tank? Im just curious

7. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

The one you linked only has one filter which is just a DI system. You will go through a lot of DI resin. The ones I linked have 4 filters, which make your DI last longer and makes your water better. A DI system is like a RO unit on crack. If you buy the ebay one, it might only last a month of so. The BRS, will last 4-6 months. I have the 5 stage so I know. I do 30g water changes every month, top off with 1/2 of a gallon every 2 days.

8. Click Here!

9. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

That is a load of BS. That only happens to goldfish, the sad thing is that their body organs are still growing thus causing premature death. Fish DON'T grow to the size of their tank. If I stuck you in a room, you wouldn't stop growing, you will just get aggressive/crazy and die. Same way happens to fish.

10. KatherineM

LOL wow. great analogie. thanks

11. KatherineM

The light is here!!! And the sand!!!! Everything else will be here later this week and I should be able to get the whole system set up and cycling this weekend :D :D :D

12. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

well thats not the one i use; mine cost like $200 XD and i dont think that this has all the necessary components. Untitled Document the one i have is the first one on the right.you can ask AZdesertrat; he's like a pro when describing and talking about this ro/di unit. its one of the best out there