New sailfin question

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by mikev15101, Feb 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

Just picked up a new sailfin from the lfs on friday. Has been in qt since. Looks like he has a tiny bubble on his bottom sailfin. Should i treat just to make sure, or would that only stress the fish out even more. I figured i would mb treat for 2 weeks, then wait 2 weeks till he strengthens back up, then place him in the dt. Or should i just see if it goes away with out treating so not to stress him anymore? Thank you! Mb freshwater dip him, then treat, as stated. Or just freshwater dip and no treat, just want some opions.

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Well, diseases are not my forte, but my first reaction would be to mix a little Melafix and garlic into his food and feed him once daily for three or four days to see what happens.

4. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

Doesnt like my mysis shimp or my homemade fish, scallop, shimp mix, or out formula one cubes, did finally pick at the sheet of seaweed we dipped in garlic. there is no live rock or anything to graze on since it is my qt i leave it empty with just pvc tubes to hid in.

5. sharkyshark

sharkyshark Spaghetti Worm

awww poor little guy, like he's in a hospital....

good luck!