New Poster, New to Hobby, New Tank Start

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Guest, Sep 26, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i dont know if anyone else turns there filter off or powerheads when they feed but i do. only because some of my fish are slower and need to get to the food. with them running there food gets blown around and there not fast enough to get it like my mandarin and scooter. also with firefish being shy they stay out of the others way so they kind of take there own spot in the tank to feed but run if anything gets close especially the tang or wrasse. they dont act this way normally just when it comes to feeding time

how big is your tang? ive seen some pretty small fish imo some that they sell are way to small. maby your tang is drawn to the water flow and thats how he is getting stuck. they seem to like places of hi water flow in the tank. mine hangs out where the emporer flows out and one of the power heads blows into the emporers flow he will swim in this current for quite some time back and forth.