New Orleans aquarium denied FEMA funding

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by crappyballer, Nov 15, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

I was in N.O. back in May and FEMA doesn't need to be giving 600K to anyone except the people who run the bulldozers and trash haulers. There are SO MANY neighborhood that are empty and totally trashed. You see FEMA trailers at one out of every 100 homes, it seemed and the rest were empty. Like Geek said, the people aren't going back. There are complete Malls and Apartment Complexes that are empty and in ruins that have piles and piles of trash in the parking lots. Take that money and instead of reopening an Aquarium, rebuild or tear down so the rebuilding can start, that is for who ever wants to go there........Not me!!!!!!!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

EDIT: I really dont like New Orleans.

1 person likes this.
  4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Karma for that and ditto...I didn't like it before and I surely don't like it now. It used to smell like urine, now it smells worse than that.......

1 person likes this.
  5. dimweb

dimweb 3reef Sponsor

I never did also maybe they should have talked to FEMA before the went out and got the stock.

6. bc219

bc219 Millepora

Somewhat off the exact topic but....

As we all know how much of a mess the whole .gov/Katrina thing was I thought I'd share that I was part of a project helped by some guys stuck in their office (an ISP provider) in downtown New Orleans during the madness. These guys set up scanners that intercepted police/fire/FEMA broadcasts. They ran live feeds via internet to us and we would take turns 24x7 transcribing all of the chatter on the scanners. I heard things that I never ever saw on tv, and also heard things that happened a day or two before was reported on tv. I heard and logged things that you would not believe (or maybe you would) that went on during this crazyness and the lack of anyone doing anything about it. I do however think that with some of this stuff, there just wasn't enough police/military ground forces to control it. For example there was a road that was backed up for miles and miles heading towards texas, there were people going up and down the interstate/highway shooting, raping and robbing random people and the police just kept talking about it, that's it. Not to mention the massive rape, blatant drug use, shootings and non-working bathrooms (so people went all over the floor) in the football dome thing. It was so sad. I think I've blocked out most of the disturbing things I heard on the scanners then... Just thought I'd share. It was quite a project to be a part of.

Interdictor/Main Page - Hurricane Info Wiki