New OCReef Linear CREE LED Aquarium Light

Discussion in 'OC Reef Aquatics' started by ocreef.com, Jul 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

Im selling my current LED fixture that I used on my 34 gallon solana. I don't think its enough for my new 57 gallon. Any idea when the 3reef sale can come back? Im selling this somewhere around this week.

Also I am located in San jose CA, do you guys know if my corals will be okay until the light comes?

2. Click Here!

3. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

Yeah, although we do love the Current USA products, including the beautiful Solana Nano Aquarium, I don't believe the LED fixture, that was made for the 34 gallon would be adequate enough for your new 57 gallon coral reef aquarium, in terms of providing enough light spread for the dimensions of your 57 gallon aquarium.

Regarding leaving your corals without light for an extended amount of time, we don't recommend this... Perhaps you have another fixture that you could temporarily use, maybe even some sort of fluorescent shop light, and/or fluorescent home light. Or if your aquarium is near a window, open the curtain, in an effort to give your corals natural sunlight. However of course, if your aquarium is directly positioned near the window, make sure to monitor this natural sunlight source, so that you don't drastically raise your aquarium water, which will be fatal, if it's too extreme.

Regarding the 3reef discount of $209.99, this sale has ended, however we do still have them on sale for $229.99, versus the regular price of $299.99.

Also give us a call to pre-order, so you're locked in at the sale price, because next Monday I do believe they'll be back at $299.99, and if Dave's in, I'll ask him if he'll honor a small discount for you, since you're a 3Reef member. Maybe he'll do a 5% discount for you. You could also put down a deposit for one, in this manner we'll hold one for you, so you're locked in at the sale price, and so that a unit is reserved for you.

I say this because typically when a batch of lights come in, almost the entire shipment is already pre-sold. This is a sign of the quality and craftsmanship of these lights.

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Janet OCReef Staffer

4. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

okay yes Im interested in this light. Let me know if dave can do the 5% off.
    So 1 fixture will be okay you said right? How about 2 fixture? would that be too much?

5. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

I spoke with Dave, and he has agreed to honor a 5% discount. You can email us with your details. The email address is [email protected]

Two lights would not be too much. Having two lights gives you plenty of room for future growth...

Thanks again.

Janet,

OCReef Staffer

6. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

sounds good, I ll probably end up ordering 2. Do i need 2 dimmers for it then? or just 1 will cover 2

7. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

Hi,

You don't need dimmers at all, to run these lights. The dimmers are optional, and sold separately.

Currently there is 4 units available, that can be pre-ordered. This concludes every single unit for my second batch of 50 lights.

For anyone who is still interested in the OCReef Linear, there will be more in, in September.

Regards,
    Dave

8. Click Here!

9. MyBoyGus

MyBoyGus Flamingo Tongue

Placed an order for one of these units today. A few emails back and forth with Dave, and spoke with Janet on the phone. Same folks from OCReef that have been posting to this tread.

First impression is that they are really good people, and though this is my first time doing business with them, I felt comfortable with the transaction. Thank you David and Janet.

10. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

Email sent. I need new bulbs and if I can sell my Nova Extreme fixture for a decent price, these would be an even better deal!

11. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

We'd agree, especially if you consider the price of the replacement bulbs.

In our opinion, there would probably be a higher number of hobbyists willing to buy a second-hand Nova Extreme fixture, therefore if you posted it on an auction website like Ebay, you shouldn't have a problem selling it. Especially if it's in great condition, and working order.

There is now three units available, for pre-order, regarding our next batch, due for an August delivery. These are held on a first come, first pay basis only. Also the dimmers are sold-out at this time.

Thanks,
    OCReef.com Staffers

12. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

Are these back in stock?