New OCReef Linear CREE LED Aquarium Light

Discussion in 'OC Reef Aquatics' started by ocreef.com, Jul 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

More images are soon to come... As they come in, I'll post them. We are just waiting for our new 35 mm camera to come in, which I just ordered online today.

I wouldn't wait if you're are interested in buying though, because we are selling them fast. We currently have about 2 dozen left in stock before we run out. Plus the introductory sale price will be raised soon. I can't keep them at $209.99 with free shipping much longer, because the profit margin (ROI) is not there. Again the current price of $209.99, is just to continue getting the word out on them.

In conclusion: You can't beat the price. We are running 3 watt CREE's in them, including XP-E and XP-G, and their built to last well over 50,000 hours, at 8 hours a day, that's over 17 years. We could put 3 Watt Bridgelux LEDs in them, and lower the price some, but I'm definitely a huge fan of the CREE, and so far we have received nothing but good feedback with running the CREEs; therefore I haven't produced any or tested any with Bridgelux just yet. We our offering a 15 day money back guarantee, this includes you taking them out of the box, and trying them for 15 days above your aquarium. The housing is all aluminum, which as you know, aluminum is virtually rust-proof. We are including protection tubes in them, makes repairs very easy, in the unlikely event should a diode fail. They also include a hanging kit if you prefer to hang them. They emit zero noise. They include the slide out legs. PAR and PUR all well within in range for growing corals, as they usually are when running most 3 watt CREE's with optics. The optics are diffuser optics, which gives a spread and focuses light toward the bottom for aquariums with more depth. They can be used as supplemental light in with your existing aquarium lighting, or you can run 1, 2, or 3 units for full coverage, depending on your aquariums needs. For larger aquariums with a tremendously large width size, you'd definitely want to run 2 or 3 units. These lights are built to last, as is our ocreef x-series. They'll definitely hold a high re-sale value, if you ever decide to downsize, leave the hobby, or if you decide to move and have to sell all of your equipment. Definitely a wise investment for those hobbyists who are looking to upgrade to LEDs.

Thanks again everyone.

P.S. We can be reached through our contact page on OCReef.com at anytime 24/7. Emails are answered generally within two hours by my staff. You may also call between 9am to 5 pm. We are on Pacific Daylight Time in California. (949) 429-8034

Regards,
    Dave - Director of OC

2. Click Here!

3. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

Can the dimmers be added later on or is it an entirely different unit?

4. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

how many would you recommend for sps and clams for 57 oceanic illuminata?

36x18x21

5. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

Yes, the dimmer is optional for this light, (sold separately), and can be added later on.

6. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

1 unit, should work just fine.

7. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

Customer Images

A customer has just emailed us a couple of images of the light over his freshwater aquarium, which is 48" in length, and he is only running 1 unit. These images will give reef hobbyists an idea of the light spread in the aquarium...

Will we also be adding more images of the light, as our existing customers email them in...

See the attached images below.

All other questions, don't forget to email us through the OCReef.com contact page, or at [email protected]

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

I just ordered one fixture this morning. So hopefully we will have some results and somewhat of a review pretty soon.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yea! Please start a new thread and post a lot of pics - PM me too so I can highlight. THanks!! Look forward to it. 8)

matt

11. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

Snagged a pair today. Should be here Monday-Tuesday next week since I live about 1 hour away. Should be sweet!

12. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

CREE-QUEL Contest

Hi Matt,

Maybe around Thanksgiving / Christmas Time, if you'd like, you can run the OCReef CREE-QUEL Contest, for a chance for a 3Reef Member to win an OCReef Linear w/Dimmer...

Regards,
    Dave