New OCReef Linear CREE LED Aquarium Light

Discussion in 'OC Reef Aquatics' started by ocreef.com, Jul 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MyBoyGus

MyBoyGus Flamingo Tongue

You may want to check the above link, it goes to:
    OCReef X Series 60 Watt CREE™ LED Aquarium Light with 3 Watt High Output LEDs

I did a search for par38 and par 38 and could not find the light.

2. Click Here!

3. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

If you are in the market for PAR 38 LED Lights, see the following link from our secure web store.

Keep in mind that when you see the link below, you are visually seeing the keywords, contained within this particular web page. Therefore, you may see various keywords inside the link. For example, you clicked on the other link, from above, that stated PAR38, however this is just a keyword in that web pages link. It's just how the forum saves the links, for "Search Engine Optimization Purposes".

Here's the link below from our web store with the PAR 38's on it. Thanks again.

Orphek PR-25 (12 LEDs) Dimmable LED Pendants - PAR 38 LED Lights

4. MyBoyGus

MyBoyGus Flamingo Tongue

Finally got to set up the LED light over my tank last night. Hung it with a "Wire Suspension Hanging Kit" that works well. Allows me to easily raise or lower the light.

The light emitted looks and acts differently than the T5's that I'm used to. It looks much "whiter", and does throw a lot of shadows. Anything under something else does not get any ambient light. Nature of LED's? Seems to replace my 4 bulb ok. Using with a 2 bulb Nova T5. Probably will replace the Nova with another one of these "someday".

5. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

6. MyBoyGus

MyBoyGus Flamingo Tongue

Ha! I knew that was coming. I'll post this weekend, but please no comments on my bryopsis farm.

7. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

Does anyone have any pictures of this fixture yet? I would have posted some when I received mine but it was damaged in transit and I still have yet to receive my replacement. I ordered this fixture on July 30th and still don't have a working unit yet and am getting very anxious to see how these look above a tank.

8. Click Here!

9. Arman2K

Arman2K Coral Banded Shrimp

Hi, I have order one of this unit, when it was on sale or promotion. Do you still have more at that same price?

10. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

I emailed OCReef about sending my light back. My corals are retracted and some are browning out. I think this would be an excellent light in addition to another system, however.

Sent from my Evo

11. MyBoyGus

MyBoyGus Flamingo Tongue

That's to bad. Do you have the light directly on your aquarium, or did you hang it?

Other than the shadowing, I and I believe my coral are happy with the light. I haven't measured, but I think it is about 10 inches to a foot from the waterline. Much higher than my T5's were.

12. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

It is hung about 12 inches above the tank and about 14 above the water. This was the "sweet spot" for spread and shadows. My frogspawn looked great the first couple days but now they look terrible. They are retracted and haven't been fully extended in almost a week. I have zoas that are starting to brown as well. I am going to switch back to my t5 fixture and hopefully everything will recover

Sent from my Evo