New Nano Skimmers!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Covey, Dec 22, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

fission nano junk

Save yourself money and don't get a fission nano skimmer. I have a 12 gal nano dx with a 10 gallon sump. Mostly for cooling purposes. I had the nano skimmer moded to fit in the first chamber. the collection cup never collected anything. Now in my sump I have a 9 inch tall air driven protein skimmer that collected more in one day than the fission did in a year.. NOTICE WHY THEY ARE SO CHEAP NOW????? Hope this helps anyone looking into a fission nano skimmer>>>>>>

2. Click Here!

3. BB23

BB23 Astrea Snail

I have to disagree with most of you, this little nano-skimmer does its job and for me atleast, its done really well. I know alot of you expect performance, but for $30 what can you expect? It's given me some pretty nice skimate, it may be watery, and almost virtually impossible to dry skim but it's definetly worth the $30. As for the micro-bubbles, there shouldn't be too many left especially if you have it in the back of your sump.

peace

4. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I never had luck with mine. But that's from my experience. I did find a good use for the pump. It circulates my sump well....