New Maxspect LED Aquatic Illumination Lamp from umm.. China

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jzenob

jzenob Coral Banded Shrimp

YA LET US KNOW ill send you paypal and you can hook it upppp!!!

2. Click Here!

3. LucBB

LucBB Bristle Worm

Nice one matt, what a ........well it rhymes with matt. :D

Is that enough 'Jazz'?

Im already doing some research on a few products for some people over here, so ill see what i can find out about these babies aswell

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

COOL! 8) Post anything you find!

You are too nice. :)
    Thanks! I look forward to hearing more ... if you see ANYTHING cool we would love to see pics and info. Follow up with me if you do!!

5. rickz

rickz Astrea Snail

Nope, no news on this particular light on fishstreet yet. I pass by every once in a while, so I'll take a look again at the end of the month (supposedly the release date). I can also check out some chinese forums for news.

Saw the ECO-LAMPS KR92 LED light, but was quite pricey... something along the lines of $10,000hkd (approx $1300usd) for a 36" model. And of course, saw some cheap WEIPRO LED lights, 48" model around $100 usd.

Probably the most interesting was a led moonlight that had an auto sensor (so the moonlight would turn on when your main lights turned off). Also interesting was that it can simulate the cycle of the moon each month, meaning the light intensity would increase a little bit each day, then slowly decrease just like the real moon phases.

I wonder if corals in our tanks would ever notice the difference? I'd be totally amazed if our corals did something special (grow bigger, more polyp extension, etc..) on the brightest night, or something along those lines....but of course it can't be that easy, can it?

6. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

Lunar cycles are meant to encourage group spawnings in corals and clams... Haven't seen many people have too much success with that though. And in all honesty if you had a mass spawning in a closed system, especially a full one, all the eggs and sperm in the water would most likely pollute it something wicked..

The AquaIllumination LED fixtures are on the US market... Reef Geek has them....

2 people like this.
  7. sammydose

sammydose Plankton

I have since yesterday a 800-G2-170W semi-LED. I bought the Aqua Fair. At Aqua Terra Shop is also included. The T5-light is as visually very different first user. I think it's great that I have only one cable and a controller in the cabinet. Moonlight is also integrated. My version has three control lines. Nice tuts also Scribbles: Cree versions have a high light output, of course, are also a good corner expensive. My corals were insulted today, quite the opposite. The bursts Blastomusa soon. I past 5 T5 39W on it.