New Mag-Float with Coraline Scraper

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Surf rider

Surf rider Bristle Worm

Mag-Flip

I heard that the new product is called Mag-Flip and uses both sides of the inside the tank unit. One side for scrubbing and the other for scraping. It flips by rotating the outside handle. I still cannot find it on the web, anyone else locate it?

2. Click Here!

3. Surf rider

Surf rider Bristle Worm

8)

They are finally out. I bought one from Marine Depot - works great.

4. artspeaker

artspeaker Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Are they only for glass tanks? The old scraper attachment warns not for us on acrylic?

5. Surf rider

Surf rider Bristle Worm

Mine is for glass but they have acrylic scrapers available, separate. Wonder why they did not put one of each in the package :confused:

6. AquariumFan

AquariumFan Plankton

Has anyone tried the Aqua Razor? I just saw it on youtube and it literally cleaned circles around mag float...but I don't think their website is up yet...I would really like to get one, my magfloat isn't getting the job done....

7. Surf rider

Surf rider Bristle Worm

Flipper

I tried razors and found not only are they dangerous but cannot be left in the tank. I saw a test of a next generation of a scubber/scraper called the Flipper. It has a choice of replaceable serrated plastic scrapers for Acrylic tanks or metal scrapers for glass. The hard coraline seemed to come off easily, especially in the corners. With razor blades I have been concerned about cutting my corner seals or harming my fish or snails. The device flips over like the mag-flip so it is also a scrubber. This unit is super thin so it could even get behind the overflow tank. I have no idea when it is supposed to be out but hopefully soon.

8. Click Here!

9. BlueWater

BlueWater Plankton

Aqua razor

I haven't used the aqua razor but did get to see one from a friend of mine... The aqua razor also comes with interchangable blades for acrylic tanks as well as a stainless razor blade...My favorite part of this tool is the suction cup...if you remove the handle piece the inside scrubber/scraper doesn't float away so you dont have to chase it over to the filter every 5 seconds...I read somewhere that the website is supposed to be up sometime this month

10. AquariumFan

AquariumFan Plankton

Aqua Razor

I tried to find where it says the website is opening this month but I couldnt find it anywhere...Do you know how much your friend paid, I really dont want to pay too much for another one that is a let down like the mag flip...My coralline covers my tank about every two weeks unless cleaned very well. I also liked that it seemed to even clean below the sand line...

11. BlueWater

BlueWater Plankton

Aqua Razor

I'm not sure how much she paid, I assume that it will be in the same price range as the others...from what i remember the scraper did seem to go below the sand line without the risk of scratching your tank walls with sand...I was on another forum and saw the website is either this month or next month. I watched the video you were talking about Aqua Razor vs. Mag Float...It was really impressive how easily it removed all that coralline.

12. silor

silor Sea Dragon

Lots of September join dates too hmm... Just saying