New LPS Corals and conflicting feeding schedules

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by rsjakp, Jan 30, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

Yes that is correct, 3-4 times a day with highly nutritious foods. sometimes i even feed at night when the fish arent awake to steal all the coral food. Nitrates are a true zero (not the zero that you get when algae is sucking it up quickly) and phos hovers around .03 ppm.
    I will also tell you that my corals are as healthy as can be and they have colors that are spot on.
    Large nutrient input and large nutrient export is the name of the game for coral health and growth.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. rsjakp

rsjakp Bristle Worm

thanks for the advice all. Albeit still mixed. I think the key is to stay simple and like the one post said watch your livestock and feed accordingly.

4. rsjakp

rsjakp Bristle Worm

I will say this with the PC lights I am getting good expansion on all three corals, so I think that is good right? The PC is eclosed with reflectors and a plexiglass cover to keep the salt off, I weekly (sometimes 3 times) this cover to keep it nice and clean. I do not plan on keeping any corals at this time that require extreme light