new ideas

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by harvest1088, Jan 9, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. harvest1088

harvest1088 Plankton

I got a 75 gallon tank salt set up with older t5's and have extra cash for once looking to upgrade to some nice new leds... any ideas looking at in the 400$ max price range

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Look at ReefBreeders.

http://www.reefbreeders.com/

I have not used their product, but I hear people like them for the price and product. You could also start looking around for a used Radion. Look on craigslist and local stores as well as forums.

4. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

^^^ Alot of people seem to have got lights from them and no complaints.

Also reefradiance is a good place to look. I got my lights from them and I am very happy. Great Price in my opinion

Seem to be very similar

5. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Reefbreeders will give you the best output/price in my opinion. Do you have a canopy on your tank? If so, DIY kits can save you $50 and allow you to customize the lights as you wish. I think $400-450 would be enough to get a maxpect razor. I have the nano razor and I'm happy with it.

6. harvest1088

harvest1088 Plankton

Thanks guys yea I'm looking in to the reefbreeders just they don't seem to give you alot of information on them. My big thing I'm struggling with is size to go with I know you really can't have to much over kill with dimmable lights.. also I was looking at the radion but I'd need two of the 52s? I'm pretty sure light game always screwed me up.. I'm just really going to make the tank shrooms and a zoa tank

7. harvest1088

harvest1088 Plankton

No canopy just rocking the open top or I have a Versa top but haven't put it on

8. Click Here!

9. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

check out reef radiance. They give a bit more info.

10. ivanbosk

ivanbosk Feather Duster

Honestly if you are going zoas/shrooms the ebay LED's are priced right and you could get 2 dimmable chinese 120w for 200$ shipped

11. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Agreed. A guy from my local forum has the chinese lights on his tank and it is doing well. I don't believe they will dim for that price though.