New huge RBTA! New pic!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Toallhisdoom, Mar 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

My clowns sleep down in a corner. The anem moves every few days. Picks a spot that i love where it is like in the last pic, then like last night, is on the move again. So i guess we will see.

I got it at my LFS. I am thinking its getting to the size where it will probably split soon so maybe i could help ya out when he does ;)

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

Oh mine (true percula) have 4 bubble tips and a condy to chose from and well they like all of them!

4. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Haha, yea i have a green bubble tip, this red/pink bubble tip, and a 6-8" rock flower anem. And they sleep in a corner with some rocks. hahaha

5. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

When I had my nem in my 80g my ocellaris clowns didn't want to have anything to do with the nem. They preferred to host the hob filter. Not sure if this has been mentioned but I have heard that tank raised clowns sometimes don't host nems.
    Good luck. Bta looks great.

6. Pankak322

Pankak322 Flamingo Tongue

Took 2 months and my tank rised oc clowns found my RBTA

7. DevinH

DevinH Montipora Capricornis

Going into an anemone is more an instinct rather than learned so tank bred shouldn't matter.

8. Click Here!

9. Vizzle1717

Vizzle1717 Coral Banded Shrimp

+1... I can't believe people still throw that around !!! These creatures have been together naturally for 1,000s of years, that doesn't breed out in the 30-40 years that clowns have been tank raised.

Most are just not interested unless they were born with it near, because they do not always need the protection it provides

10. diverdan

Vizzle, people "Throw That Around" because they are uneducated. Until someone like Devin

Produces information that is new to them. They only know what is taught to them by believed reputable sources.
    I (people) have been told something by someone or another and granted I didn't do all my own research and had certain experiences where it seemed to make sense.
    I said what I said because it was my experience and what I was taught. I am not a know everything and we all know that this hobby is a learning experience throughout your entire time in the hobby. I learn something new everyday and this new information for me is greatly appreciated.

This was just my $.02 and my apologies for being wrong and passing on information that I believed was true up until now.

11. Vizzle1717

Vizzle1717 Coral Banded Shrimp

No offense amid at you my friend. Its always good to keep learning in this hobby. I have been breeding clowns for about a year and there is always something new to observe with this amazing fish

12. diverdan

I understand you might not have meant any offense by the comment and I am not one to hold a grudge or hold it against you. I do apologize for replying like that. It's just comments that put other comments down is one reason that people don't comment on posts and share their experience because they don't want to be put down for their response not being correct. I only speak to my experiences and I have not had the experiences that you have. Nor been in the hobby as long. Close but you still have time on me.We are all here for the same reason, to learn, share and good conversation in the hobby that we enjoy (at least that's why I am) I just want to let you know that is how it was perceived to myself. Thanks for replying back. It's all good on my end my friend.