New here, My new Reef tank/ Sump Tank/ Stand build also some questions

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Reuben Gunderson, Sep 20, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

welcome to 3reef! just read your thread. I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress! you tank looks amazing. I can't help much on the building and plumbing but I can certainly help once you get started with life :) what kind of tank are you interested in keeping?

2. Click Here!

3. Reuben Gunderson

Reuben Gunderson Plankton

Awesome man i can use that kind of help the most! Thanks again ! Im building a reef tank probally SPS as i am doing an LED light set up. Mainly really want to get some cool fish in there for my son "2 year old". Pretty excited to take him to the LFS and pick out some things and watch them grow!
    Ill keep updating this thread LED's are all mounted and tested, I had to order a couple more LED drivers as i messed one up while testing.

4. Reuben Gunderson

Couple shots cause i was bored tonight. Waiting for LED drivers again ....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

6. Reuben Gunderson

Sorry guys if i post too much but im excited!
    I got 3 of the 4 drivers installed and running the 4th is on its way in the mail.
    Lighting is well... bright... and thats only 3 of the 4.....
    ive ran them for a few hours just to make sure things didnt get to hot and the drivers got pretty hot inside there. I have each one with 1/2 " space between and its all in a project box , any help on this would be great. I also drilled holes in the sides of my project box to disperse heat.
    3 drivers run off one 16 gauge power cord and the other driver runs off another 16 gauge power cord for moonlight and day run.
    the heat sink and fans are doing well with the heat so no issue there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Swisswiss likes this.
  7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. _alex_

_alex_ Feather Duster

Your drivers are going to get warm being right on top of each other like that. If you can spread them out some more and add a fan on a bigger box. With vents to push the heat out.

But your off to a great start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reuben Gunderson likes this.
  10. Reuben Gunderson

Thanks everyone, Everything is buttoned up and looking nice. Come apart nicely and all 4 sets of LEDs are running.
    I have the front 3 rows on a 12 hr timer and the back row which is 9 blue 4 uv and one 10k white is going to be a constant on. This will act as my moon light.
    Im running the Drivers in the box today for a long period of time to test the heat output if it gets too hot then ill have to add a fan.
    I ordered my bubble magus curve 5 today and some other supplies . I also added some dry sand i did 30 lbs of Dry sand and 10 lbs of crushed coralight. Im ready to start cycling my water soon when i get my skimmer installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Reuben Gunderson

tomorrow is the big day! i installed my curve 5 today and even made a custom drainage holder ;)
    got my 35 gallon brute ready to go and my salt mix gonna head to the water store in the morning and pick up some water to start cycling ...
    pretty stoked.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zissou likes this.
  12. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

Love the "custom" waste collector :beer: