New Fungia Birth! :)

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Kevin3884, Jan 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. picoreefguy

picoreefguy Bristle Worm

hey would you wanna possibly sell a couple of those zoas when you have enough to frag off?

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

I do not "feed" them myself...They do catch brine shrimp when i feed the tank...as for spawning...i guess this rock is just the spawning type rock...i don't do anything to them...and they have just popped up...luck maybe, but I just try to keep my water as clear and clean as possible, BUT I do like to have at around 10ppm nitrates in the tank...my corals seem to flourish more and grow faster than when i had it at 0ppm...my sps included....anomaly?

4. Kevin3884

Yeh, they are one of my slowest growing zoas tho so it might be a while..lol

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I don't think that is an anomaly. I notice this kind of thing - my corals seem to do better with fish, than without for example. Also just this week I had power outage and my skimmer flooded when it came back on (I need to baffle my sump better!) and although my corals were not all as happy about it, my deresa clam sure was. He was bigger than I had seem him in weeks.

Anyway, thanks for info... and nice fungias!

6. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

Just read this...That's AWESOME for $5. Your very fortunate.

7. Kevin3884

Yeh I got lucky for sure. :) This is just one of the reasons I love this hobby so much, you never know what might pop up off of a little cheap frag. I've also had frogspawn come to life...i got a skeleton from the lfs that was in the rubble...threw it in my tank and about 6 months later out popped a tiny little frogspawn head, its a testament to good water quality.

8. Click Here!

9. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

It is Indeed!! Good feeling to know your doing things right ;D

10. Kevin3884

Here are some new pics...in one of the pics (the blurry one) This is where I broke my greener fungia off....well the remaining skeleton has grown a new fungia...its bright green and CRYSTAL clear...when I feed it a mysis I can actually see it go into the coral..its CRAZY...I really hope that it stays crystal clear because I've never ever seen a fungia that is clear with electric green tips...u can see it in both pics...but the pink little one is growing nicely :)

Attached Files:

11. Kevin3884

Here is the little guy a year later...would of had more growth but i lost it behind a rock for about 3 months...finally got lucky with my long feeding tongs and was able to snag it out...but I just thought I would show and update :)

Attached Files:

12. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Awesome congrats. I have been thinking about this little guy.