New Frogspawn

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Poseidon27, Feb 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Poseidon27

Poseidon27 Flamingo Tongue

Thats good to hear, how long have you had your frogspawn and how much has it grown in that amount of time? I have mine placed about middle of the tank right now with descent flow. I have one powerhead right now thats rated for 500 GPH and I was thinking about getting a koralia 450 GPH to put on the other side of the tank to keep the flow balanced out.

2. Click Here!

3. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

I have had it a couple years and prune it a couple times a year....its bigger than a softball...4 or 5 trunks as of today.......get'n ready to cut one off here pretty soon.;)
    it was only one head the size of a quarter when first aquired.

4. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

i had a 4 headed Frogspawn, 5 months later i had a 12 headed FS. keep your prams right, and if its still not fully opening up, try moving it to a differnt spot in the tank, mine liked the moderate to low flow zones.

5. Reefling

Reefling Astrea Snail

I got a small frogspawn frag from a friend about a month ago that never really took off....opened decently after about a week, and then struggled to barely extend out its skeleton...maybe he fragged it wrong or something, everything else is doing fine params. are solid. I realllly want a real frogspawn piece now arghh

6. lillys Grandad

did it die?

7. Reefling

Reefling Astrea Snail

it hasnt completely lossed its color but it hasnt moved in a couple weeks...it got moved around a lot cause it kept getting knocked over

8. Click Here!

9. lillys Grandad

Need to get it where it can have plenty of light and a mild to low flow until it starts to improve...maybe target feed with powerheads off to see if it will take food...and make sure its secured..always falling down is no bueno. ; ) If its alive, you can save it...you said everything else is fine?...this should also come around with the proper care.
    Good luck.

10. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Actually after trying and failing many times with this coral I have found they really thrive in lower light conditions.(while they will grow under moderate light) The best one I had was actually under a ledge.Agree they like moderate flow. ;) Good luck glad to hear it is doing better.

11. lillys Grandad

agreed...I recall seeing one recently sitting on the sand bed....dong well.

12. Reefling

Reefling Astrea Snail

I have an aquaUFO LED light fixture , and i had been using the blue actinics as a moon light the entire time...so basically 24 hour light exposure...WHOOPS! Since turning lights off at night all my algae has disappated and the frogspawn is slowly coming out more and more...largest in the morning when i first turn the lights back on...i'll just give it some time~! Thanks for all your help!

1 person likes this.