New frags !!

Discussion in 'Coral' started by jborlace, Mar 17, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jborlace

jborlace Purple Spiny Lobster

Ill get some this afternoon after work.

2. Click Here!

3. jborlace

I can't figure out how to post pics. It would only let me upload a couple. It keeps saying that pics were uploaded successfully but I can't find them. In my profile you can see the frogspawn that won't open and a view of my tank. Gives an idea where my pumps are. Sorry for the cloudy water. I had just done a 4 gallon water change.

4. jborlace

5. jborlace

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Is that the frog spawn? If it is, it is in a world of hurt. Hope it did not look like that when you got it.

Tank and scape look good despite the cloudiness.

7. jborlace

thats how it looked when I got it home. One head opened a little at first then this is how it looks for the last 4 days. The ZOAs I have were open and looking good in the tank they came from. The guy pulled the rock out and cut off a chunk right in front of me. Has about 7 heads but hasn't opened since I put them in my tank. Sorry about the cloudiness. Should have taken the pics before the WC.

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Do not apologize, it's an image, an effort at an image is good. :)

I am beginning to think you received corals from a tank that had questionable parameters and thus shocked them by putting them in a much better environment.

Only one head of that Frog spawn looks even close to being able to salvage.

Sounds as though you are doing all the right things.

Hopefully someone else will chime in that sees something I do not.

10. jborlace

I don't know. This guys tank was amazing. He had corals everywhere. 215 gallon tank. Actually supplies the LFS there with most of their frags. I got some GSP from another tank Monday and it's not opening either. I think it's my tank but just don't know what it is. I have about 2000gph flow. 0 ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. I don't have test for cal, mag and alk. Could be those are off. And my fish have done great and eat good from day one. I'm stumped.

11. Corailline

In a new tank without corals probably not. Only two reasons would be a bad batch of salt or your hydrometer is seriously off.

Temp is good?

12. DevinH

DevinH Montipora Capricornis

Why is the tank cloudy? You may be using the hydrometer wrong. Make sure when it's filled up and the arm swings that there are NO bubbles on the arm. Little bubbles can seriously throw off that thing. I'd recommend getting a Bulk Reef Supply refractometer.

how did you acclimate the corals to the tank?