New Feature! 3reef Mobile!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 27, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sean122

sean122 Astrea Snail

im on an N96 i get the mobile skin looks good, any chance of being able to upload pics??

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Maybe down the road as this feature is in EARLY beta - but I would be kind of surprised as the point of this it to remove bells & whistles and make it fast for PDAs. However, personally I would like to make it and other things as an option for users. I will work on that.

4. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

Ya, was gonna say that I was stuck using my blackberry for 2 days and had no problems viewing the site.

-fritts

5. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

Not to underestimate people here..... But i will say this anyway..

With some of the newer smart phones/ blackberrys the come equipped with an internet browser and it will convert them to the actuall normal webpage so you wont see the mobile versions. Like on my blackberry storm its default is set to IE so it automatically brings pages up in the normal version. This may be a reason some arent seeing the mobile look to the page.

I am also going to see if i can go into viigo and set up a update function that will show me the recent threads from 3reef. If i get it to work i will let you all know how i did it for those that use it.

1 person likes this.
  6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Posted via Mobile Device:
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20

7. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

cool just got an iPhone

Posted via Mobile Device:
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

cool. Good to know. :)

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

In spite of the barleywine, it occurred to me this morning how to fix the mobile skin on the 3reef homepage.

It now looks pretty good! :)

There are some broken images on the multi-page threads that I need to fix. And I will remove my avatar from news posts, but it is still a huge improvement. Check it out!

I would love to see tutorials on this stuff so others can learn how to do it. Great stuff Sean!

11. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

For those that use VIIGO on their mobile devices and want to get a update stream of 3 reef posts try this...

- select news & rss

- add channel

- add your own channel

- add from web browser

- www.3reef.com/forums/

and you will get updates on the newest forums on the site.

*note* you cain't reply to the thread but you can keep up with what is happening to reply you would have to use the browser on your phone.

1 person likes this.
  12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks bud!
    That is cool.

EDIT - DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN USE THIS URL TOO?

Code:
    feed://www.3reef.com/forums/external.php?type=rss
    Can you explain how you were able to switch from the mobile skin to the PC skin on your phone too? That is a big one. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008