New Coral Pics!

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by totter0817, Dec 11, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

btw your sun coral requires spot feedings in order to gain the nutrients to live, and i love your yellow leather, great colour.

2. Click Here!

3. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

make shure mushrooms have good light.

4. totter0817

totter0817 Purple Spiny Lobster

Yea thats what the LFS told me, I spot feed it about 3 times a week usually when the lights go out since thats when they come out.

Thanks on the yellow leather. I was so excited to get it, my LFS hasnt had one in about a year, I couldnt afford it the last time they had one so when I seen this one I snatched it up the day after they got.

5. totter0817

They are getting plenty of light, Im running t5s and a set of power compacts, they are kinda in the middle where they are probably getting a little bit of both lights

6. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

7. {Nano}Reefer

you guys would be surprised with how little light shrooms can actually thrive in, i think either your husbandries off or your bulbs need to be replaced, something is deffinately not right with them.

8. Click Here!

9. totter0817

I have mushrooms in my nano, very dark green.
    I thought maybe its was just a different type of mushroom. There are so many.
    They were pretty much this color when I bought them from the LFS. I wonder if target feeding will help or maybe moving them to a different spot in the tank.
    I know my params are all ok, and all of my other corals are doing great, I have more than whats just in the pics but they are all doing good.

From what I understand shrooms are one of the corals that require the least maintenance, I have even heard that they dont require much light at all and will thrive pretty much anywhere

10. totter0817

Its a possibility that my power compact lights need to be replaced, my t5s arent very old at all but my power compacts are about a year old.
    i should probably change them soon

11. {Nano}Reefer

pc's generally last about 6-8 months, if that. i think t5s are good for up to 2 years or so, but i would replace them every year to be safe.

12. totter0817

Sounds good, will have to do that with the next paycheck, maybe that will bring some color back into them.

Do you think they are beyond recovery? I have never had a coral bleach before, do they generally recover or once they start bleaching is that the end.