New coral ID needed

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Puffer Chick, Mar 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

thanks the alveo is really starting to come out now.

i dont think the prices were too horrible the alvo and clove polyps were in a tank marked $40 each or 2 for $70 so i did the 2 and the carnation was like $25 so i spent a total $103, not too horrible for some decent sized corals

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

im telling you! find a local reef club... in two weeks im picking up a fist sized monti digi for $20 :eek: now thats a deal and a steal

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

that's a pretty good deal the lfs also had some acros but they were TINY frags and they wanted like $30 each so i figured id rather spend a little money on big corals

5. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

nost ive ever paid for an acro was $20... and that was for a bali tri-color and for a shaun bennett yellow tort (yeah, go check their prices online) :p

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

wow you get such great deals

7. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

sweet thanks for the link to the carnation

im having a hard time deciding how to adjust my flow for the flower pot i read that the need strong lighting and i had it in a cave, it was open but not fully so i just slightly pushed the cave back so it would have more room and i switched the vortech from reef crest to lagoon mode, since i read thats where they hare in nature and now its closed

oh yea it does look like it has 24 i tried to count them, it was hard but that's the number that i got

12. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Nice corals, hopefully they work out for you. And I fully agree with Dingo, local reefers are the best way to get cheap corals. I've bought and sold many frags for really good prices. I have ordered online, but that's when I want a particular coral that I can't find locally. If you order online, I suggest Vividaquariums.com. I"ve ordered from them twice and they have very good customer service and very nice corals, plus, they are a sponsor and are in LA.