New coral and updated pics

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by m_lacom99, Jan 26, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Hey Matt, Ok here we go, tank is a 20 high with a 10 gal sump/fuge. Lights are a coralife 1 x 65W 10 000K 1 x 65W 20 000K retrofit kit. I had a prizm skimmer on there until 2 weeks ago but got tired of hearing it (very loud :mad:) and adjusting it to get a little bit a skimate so i pulled it. I have a media reactor that my LFS made with carbon and pura phoslock. A couple inches of sand in the main tank and about 4" in the fuge filled with some LR, caulerpa and cheto. I have about 45 pounds of LR in the main tank. I have a very low bioload (one fish only) so i can get away with going skimmerless for now but i'm looking into it. I and i dont do water changes on a regular basis... Ill do one every 3 to 5 months but i supplement my tank with whatever it needs. All my params are a+ also.

My live stock list is

Six line wrasse
    RBTA
    orange montipora digitata
    burgundy/blue acro in the first pic
    Yellow polyps
    3 different colored zoanthids colony
    finger leather coral
    red striped mushrooms
    brown/green palys
    green star polyps
    red sea xenias
    mix of hermits and snails

I think thats about it.

Thanks bud.

Marc.

2. Click Here!

3. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Your tank looks Great!!! Looks like you got some nice big frags too. I must have the "new" or updated prizm skimmer, because mine is quite. But im looking to upgrade it too. It just doesnt seem to get much out of the tank. Im keeping it on there to help airrate the tank for now, lol.

4. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Yeah that acro is about 4.5 - 5 inches tall... my smallest is the monti digi at about 1.5 maybe 2 inches. It's been 2 weeks that i pulled the prizm out and nothing changed in the tank (will test my water when i get a chance though). Mine was loud plus i get all the aeration i need from powerheads and my sump.

Thanks Birchell

Marc.

5. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

Heh m lacom99 very nice corals and some good shots- I've never considered it a waste of time to do the things I love- keep the pics coming and I will keep enjoying them!

6. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Yep... reef tank and photography are both my passions and i love mixing the both of them ;D. The only problem (that my girlfriend thinks) is both my hobbies are real money pits... I keep finding new ways to spend more and more money on my hobbies ;). I'm even thinking about doing one of the two professionally, just not sure which one yet.

Thanks bouraganes.

Marc.

7. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

My mother in law is friends with a professional photographer so i called her up this weekend and she agreed for me to spend a day with her to learn the tricks of the trade and teach me some stuff if i play little helper boy assistant for the day. ;D Ill let you know how it went (its march 10th cause she wanted a big day full of photo shoots, the last one on that day is a group shoot of 20+ people :eek:)
    So i should be learning a whole bunch... should be fun.

Marc.

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Cool! Well, whatever you learn you must teach!! :) I have an uncle who is a (retired) professional photographer as well but he lives in Manhattan and he doesn't have the patience to teach :lol: