New concept? Mood = Moonlighting (Video Up)

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by insanespain, Jun 17, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

This post makes no sense. They said it would affect coral, but have no data to back this up with. How is it absurd that insanespain ask for proof. This is perfectly logical to ask for proof when making a claim. I hope this works ISS, good luck and updates please!

2. Click Here!

3. Ron P

Ron P Astrea Snail

I've flirted with arcade restoration for a few years now so the first thing that came to mind was something like this:

LED-Wiz™ 32-port USB Lighting and Output Controller [LEDWIZ01] - $44.95 : GroovyGameGear.com, Always the best in Arcade, Jukebox, Kiosk, Gaming and Industrial controls

Computer controlled led lighting is a little complicated to wire up but it really has me thinking about stuff. As soon as I have some spare cash I may try something like this. I have a few off the wall ideas floating around in my head. LOL

Def keep us updated on how it turns out for you.

4. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

Yeah that would definitely work. That thing can handle a ton of LEDs!

I'm going to use an Arduino and write my own code, just because I plan on using the Arduino to control my whole system.

I'm thinkin about ordering these RGB LED - 5mm Piranha (10 pack) - SparkFun Electronics

5. insanespain

At least one person gets it! Its about it looking cool and different. People are complaining it won't look natural. Using that logic, they should only put fish and corals in their tank that are from one specific reef. But this is hardly ever the case, we mix fish and coral in our tanks from all over the world.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Any new updates/developments?

7. insanespain

Was just thinking about this yesterday lol. I've been super busy with work and 4th of july weekend, and also getting my 65 gallon build running. Haven't forgot about this though, once I get the 65 going I will have plenty of time to do some tinkering.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. Click Here!

9. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

OK, that's cool. 8)

10. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

looking forward to see what you come up with.I think it sounds like a cool idea..

11. insanespain

UPDATE.

Just ordered a couple things to start this. It's actually going to be easier and more plug and play than I originally thought, and will have a remote control.

Should be easy to mount several different ways. I plan on integrating it inside of my current 4 bulb T5 fixture. Would be even easier to mount inside of a canopy, or even mount it on an aluminum ruler for a stand-alone unit.

12. insanespain

Here is what I ordered. After I looked at the ecoxotic RGB module I knew I could do the same thing for alot less.

A 15 LED flexible ribbon that is roughly 20 inches in length:

[​IMG]

24 Button RGB LED controller with IR Remote (Appears to be the same one ecoxotic uses):

[​IMG]

And a 12 volt 4 amp power supply to run it all:

[​IMG]

I just ordered all three of these items from Amazon shipped to my door for 45 bucks. Hopefully will be here by the weekend.