New clams from RAH:

Discussion in 'Clams' started by alpha_03, Apr 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Well how did you do? I won 7 - one clam and the rest pretty cool corals- i am pretty much done for the year now. :)

2. Click Here!

3. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

I won YAY!!! lol just have to pay now. :)

4. alpha_03

which one did you go for? congrats BTW. :)

5. leighton1245

Thank and congrats to you also, I got the almost all dark navy one with a few spots. I cant view photos at work so I can only describe it lol.

6. leighton1245

Got my shipment in and all i can say is super super fast shipping asked when I wanted it shipped at 4:30EST and it was here this morning by 9:30EST just going home on lunch to aclumate and drop in my tank.

7. alpha_03

heh, I got #13 and #5

13 is now happily residing in my 165 perched 2/3 way up on a perfect rock he can anchor himself to- his camoflage is showing nicely- nice blue speckling too. Both of these clams are 5 inches or better. 5 is your a typical blue sparkly edge crocea clam - bigger then I thought he was though.

#5 is on the sand bed of the 45 presently, happily soaking up rays, next to his long lost deressa cousin, along with the 6 corals I also grabed. The Welso I nabbed is sooooooo cool looking, all be it not as large as I thought he was, after I got him acclimated and placed him in the 45 he got so big I thought he was gonna explode. :) He has settelled down now and looks like a perfect specimen- so very cool looking. Just a tad small (3.5 inches)

The 5 inch lobo, well the pic's do not show the red ring of fire he has, but WOW! The others (mostly favia's) are replacments in my big tank for the zoanthids and paly's I moved into the 45. Seriously, why buy zoanthids when you can have favia's for less price?

I so wanted that pinkish acro- I went into the last 3 seconds and lost out- AHHHHHHHHH. :cry:

Now the trick is- keeping all these critters in a 45 gallon show tank happy, but I think I will do just fine- you can always tell if critters are happy on the first day- thank goodness mine seem to be. The big tank is never a concern - it has it's own personality- it keeps my critters for me. (J/K) :D

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  8. Click Here!

9. leighton1245

I got #2 and its very healthy If i walk to my tank to fast it pulls its mantle in and its setting on the sandbed on a rock in the middle of my 75 will have a pic today.

10. alpha_03

heh, yep most clams are like that- you'll enjoy having such a critter- my deressa host' a pair of percula clowns, it is a funny sight to see.

11. Reef-a-holic

Reef-a-holic 3reef Sponsor

Sounds like things are doing well...good to hear. Thanks again guys!