New clams from RAH:

Discussion in 'Clams' started by alpha_03, Apr 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Those clams are awesome. This may sound like stupid question (lol), but which end is the mouth/waste hole? I think the waste is the small hole?

There was a 3-4" crocea clam at my LFS for $45 yesterday! I want it so badly.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

heh, not stupid at all, but I am not gonna answer you on this- I want you to look closely at ANY clam - look in the big hole then get back to me and tell me what you see.

No spoilers guys and gals- hints are ok.

4. Cjiggajess

Cjiggajess Bristle Worm

I so want the second to the last one!!! Im in love!

5. Seano Hermano

It kind of looks like teeth almost...

6. alpha_03

kinda like teeth- correct, now what do you think those "teeth" are for?

have you looked into how clams breathe? how they eat? you might ask why I ask such a thing of you, but....this is the same way I learned about clams- someone took the time to help me learn about them, that person made me learn, and showed me how to learn what I wanted to know.

you dont need me any longer for this- you have the world at your finger tips, all you have to do is simply search, but I will give you this- they are not teeth- they are basically lungs or gills if you like.

clams are very cool critters, mother nature is strange how she does things. clams remind me of seedlings that never get the chance to plant themselves - so they grow from a shell and do the best as they can.

tomorrow- tell me which end is up concerning clams. :)

7. Seano Hermano

:) I've got some researching to do! That's cool. :) I'll get back to you tomorrow.

8. Click Here!

9. Reef-a-holic

Reef-a-holic 3reef Sponsor

I know which one you picked, LOL!

Thanks for the compliments Scott, I have your clam set aside to ship with your next order.

As you can see I just signed up a new account at 3reef...I actually used to be a sponsor here a while back when we had our retail website up...I'll have to get a new banner ad paid for and get hold of Matt and have him get a sponsor forum set up for us now that we are selling on eBay.

10. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

I bid on one :) hope i win I have wanted a clam soooo bad for a long time.

11. alpha_03

Heh, yea you do. :D Alrighty Jeff, welcome back then, I am glad ya got my email and such. I think you will find a great group of folks here, and your stuff will sell easily.

Maybe a direct buy option for us 3reef folks?

Now, if we could only create a star trek thingy to beam this stuff to it's destination - wonder what shipping would be on "beaming"? ;D

BTW, next time I am in KC I will have to swing buy and ck out the "factory".

Wow, my 500th post, ironic.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  12. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

1 day and 18hrs left on the clam i bid on yay!!!