New build thread Reef Savvy rimless 100g

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by ezz1r, Dec 27, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

I decided on the full syphon for the over flow plumbing and of course it had to be black !! Looks great !!

Attached Files:

kornaco40B likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

I went with Flex Hose - 1.5 Inch x 3 Feet which has worked well for me on previous builds and It was available in black. I may need to shorten them which is an easy fix since the can be cut to size and re-glued. Also for aesthetics I covered the connection with a rubber coupling 2" x 1.5" and used plastic clamps also in black.

Attached Files:

4. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Here is what it actually looks like today I want to figure out something similar for the return couplings....

Attached Files:

5. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

I again went with the Bahama Aragonite Sand using 140 lb from Marco Rocks and will be reusing a portion of my 90g DT tank old sand after washing thoroughly to create a DSB which I have in the old tank. Also doubled up with the egg crate to assure stability of the aquascape.

Attached Files:

6. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Filling was a breeze with the 90 GPD RO / DI Unit from Spectrapure, I may have to upgrade to the 180 4 stage unit in time. The old floating plate trick really kept the cloudiness to a minimum.

Attached Files:

7. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

I upgraded the returns for this build to Dual Nozzle Loc-Line 3/4" Pipe Aquarium Flexible Plumbing which I bought on eBay on my last build I had single 1/2" Loc-Line. I may have to add additional segments since they are far shorter than I would like for this build also the pump I am currently using is way to weak for the 3/4" not enough pressure for my likings. If anyone can suggest what I should go with I'm open to suggestions please let me know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  8. Click Here!

9. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

what will you be doing with your current tank? Are you moving everything over to the new tank? things are looking great!

10. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

oldfishkeeper:

I will be breaking it down sometime this week I will be using some of the 200 pounds of sand and my skimmer for the new tank and selling the old tank and stand on craigslist most likely for a $100 first come first serve. My corals will be slowly acclimated and moved over as well this coming Friday along with my live stock. She has served me well and would be a great starter tank for someone.

E

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  11. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

12. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Great plans and execution, Nice work!