New Bubble Coral

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by reefnJeff, Aug 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Jeff, in all honesty the bubble should be in the substrate. The high light corals need to stay way up there.

Glad you found the little frag. Superglue Gel or epoxy will work just fine. Just make sure to not get the gel or epoxy all over--just the bottom of the frag. A dot'll do it. ;D

It seems when people first start a salt tank they buy a ton of rock and then later learn that it's blocking flow from moving around the dt. When I decided to do a minimalist aquascape I simply put some of my rock in the sump. I can only say what I would do and that's to completely change things around. You'd be surprised at how much nicer your tank looks when you eliminate the "rock wall" look. Just MHO, nothing more and nothing less. :)

2. Click Here!

3. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

I been looking over my tank a lot and just cant come up with anything. Sometimes I think the easiest solution is a bigger tank, hahaha! I can't/don't want to move anything on the left, not pictured is a blanket anemone that lives between those 2 rock right below the Frogspawn and he is very happy there. middle would be a mess, I got to many Corals supported on the rock work there and its right under the MH, so the SPS Corals likes it there, to the right is my only option, but if I stick him in the back corner in the sand, to much in front of him would need to move so he can be seen, GOOD GRAVY!

OHHH! there he is.

Attached Files:

4. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

We're kinda neighbors, I'm in Wisconsin so I'll be over in 15 minutes to help. Make coffee please or I'll bring some along with Diet Coke. ;D

5. reefnJeff

really! will that works, little longer than 15 minutes away though hahaha! and I am big on diet coke. here is a pic of that frag, he sure took a beaten, so hard to hold something so small to glue it to a plug. but he looks OK really, most his polyps opened up and thats always good

Attached Files:

6. reefnJeff

Oohh! and I did do something different, I really didn't want to use Super Glue, I had 2 Corals get burned really bad as I was told the glue was spreading, something like that, apoxy takes to long to dry, so what I did was use hot glue, hot glued him right to the plug and he is in place quite firmly, no worries about glue burns or leaving him out of the water to long to wait for something to harden, he was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

7. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Ok, 30 minutes. ;)

Awesome! Sounds like it'll make it.

8. Click Here!

9. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Sounds like your idea was a good one. 8) Superglue tends to spread which is why I said just a dot. Otherwise the darn stuff goes everywhere, including 2 or your fingers. :yelrotflm

10. reefnJeff

Maybe 30 minutes give or take a few extra hours, hahaha! guess what I just found me for $300, a 92 Gal Corner Bowfront Aquarium, pre-drilled at the factory, stand, tank for the sump and hood/lighting. don't know yet the dimensions, hopefully he replies my e-mail.

11. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

THIS SOUNDS AWESOME! Those are very pretty tanks and look great when put it the perfect corner. :)

Since you're still a newb ;D are you comfortable asking some pertinent questions?

12. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

Bubble seems to be coming along nice ! ; )