New Bubble Coral

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by reefnJeff, Aug 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

2. Click Here!

3. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

I'm sorry, not trying to argue. I guess the best placement is upright (not tilted), away from the glass and away from rock so as to not rip any of the bubbles. But again, if it's that close to the glass it won't be able to open up on that side which isn't good.

4. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

After studying your pic of the tank, I would move everything that's to the right of the center rock, and I mean everything except the finger leather above and to the right, and put the bubble there. The skeleton of your bubble is big which means when it's fully open, it's going to take that entire space. And remember, no softies near it.

5. Seancelebrity

Seancelebrity Feather Duster

I agree with her looking at your bubble even more its a big piece and will only get bigger with and those tenticals will be huge. i am use to my small bubble coral which his tenticals are small heh. listen to lady she probably knows more then me

6. reefnJeff

Good job, I turned it around and got it off the glass and rock, not a lot of space, but it is off everything, yes it very stressed, every time it started to come out, I had to touch it for some reason. hopefully I am done having to touch it.

Attached Files:

7. reefnJeff

ohhh! :cry: and yes, it does have a large skeleton, so how much bigger than the skeleton do these things get?

8. Click Here!

9. reefnJeff

I see! very pretty I must say, seen him on yourtube, he might be worth the effort, OK so let's say I move the Duncan, the polyps, mushrooms, wouldn't the SPS further up be safe if the Bubble was low in the sand? and would the duster be OK if too close?

10. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Um, if it's healthy and happy, ~ 3-4 x the size of the skeleton. Please know that I'm not trying to make your life hell :p but if it was mine, I would absolutely move everything to the right of the center rock (including that piece of rock resting on the substrate) and gently put part of the skeleton in the substrate. By doing so you are keeping it from tilting. Even by doing this it may be too close to the finger up above and to the right, I'm not sure (it's hard to tell from the picture). Another option would be to move the yellow leather in the center, very pretty btw :), somehow move the center rock over to the right a bit, and put the bubble directly in the center of your tank. I'm not sure if that big center rock is supporting your other rocks, if it is that means reaquascaping part of your tank. Grrrrr. Believe me, been there, done that. But, if you want the bubble to live you're going to have to find a BIG space for it. It's going to be beautiful if you can get it in the right place.

Also, I'm not sure if you run carbon but you probably should just in case one of the softies releases chemicals because they can wipe out your tank. This is why I'm suggesting keeping ALL softies away from it.

One more thing: watch your calcium level because the bubble's skeleton is very large and will start sucking the calcium up a lot more than before you got it. Whatever you decide to do, try to do it soon cuz it's really retracting and may not make it if it doesn't get settled.

11. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Responding to you after the longer post I just wrote. How's this: move everything far from it and give it a good 12" to itself.

12. reefnJeff

WOW! thats a lot of space to make, hahaha! and actually I just turned off my canistor filter, so as of now no carbon. Thanks for the heads up on that one.