New Bubble Coral

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by reefnJeff, Aug 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

Thanks for the info, dog gone it, time to look over the tank and make some changes in the rock work for that guy. get him low huh :/

2. Click Here!

3. Seancelebrity

Seancelebrity Feather Duster

lol i am constantly moving my rock to make room for new coral. but hey its part of the game. low to middle so just not at top lol

4. reefnJeff

ohh bother! hahaha. This is what I got to work with, he is right under the most intense lighting, I need a plan for sure. I was thinking that cave to the left there, but I got 4 Corals there that might be to close.

Attached Files:

5. Seancelebrity

lol bro bottem left corner looks perfect for him!!!

6. reefnJeff

So its OK if part of it is laying in the sand bed? I was think there also, need to find a small rock I can put there to keep the flesh out of the sand.

7. Seancelebrity

mine lays in the sand no problem at all just lay it so the flesh doesnt touch the sand

8. Click Here!

9. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Excellent information! FWIW, like my elegance coral that I used to have, I bought my bubble when it was the size of my fist. Eventually I had to sell it because it was 12" and attacking my other corals (my tank wasn't wide enough to keep it isolated). That being said, they are quite aggressive so I wouldn't chance keeping other animals near it. They will fight and the bubble will more than likely win. As the others said, it will send out 5-6" tentacles, kind of like checking to make sure nothing is threatening it. Also, it's a good idea to keep it away from softies as most of them will begin a chemical warfare and then the bubble might lose.

I always kept mine in the substrate under lower flow and medium light. If the flow is too strong it will almost rip it away from its skeleton. It does like to be fed but make sure the food is small enough that it can put it in its mouth and digest it. FWIW, silversides aren't really that great for corals but mysis, clam, shrimp and oyster are very good foods for it. Hope this helps. :)

10. reefnJeff

It was a tight fit, a small portion is touching the glass, I wonder if this is going to be OK?

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      440.4 KB
      Views:
  11. Seancelebrity

lean it more to towards the glass and away from the rock just a tad so its up right but other then that looks good to me

12. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

I know how challenging it can be sometimes to find the right place for a coral. :-/ Touching the glass may present a problem because it will squish those bubbles that should be out. It's looking stressed right now because it's quite retracted but once it settles in it should be fine. But, can you move it over so it's not touching the glass?