New aquarium 06/12/2011!!! Finally set up!!!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by malac0da13, Feb 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

New tank is looking great. Quite a bit left indeed.

2. Click Here!

3. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Yeah hopefully tomorrow I can get a better look and maybe rearrange some and maybe squeeze some more in. I still have a 20 long with some rock in it lol. I told a friend of mine I'd give em some though too. Im calling it quits though for the night. I gotta hang my light tomorrow, set up my skimmer, set up my reef keeper, and change my signature :D!! Lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

How much can they hold up to?..I like these and may have to use them when I finish my led build..

5. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

^ It should hold pretty heavy weight. I use the similar stuff from Homedepot, its rated 100lbs EACH. But Im assuming that it's rated for the vertical wall application not the ceiling.

6. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Finally...I still gotta make some more salt water, set up my ato, actually make my sump, organize the wires for my led and various other little things but its finally up and running. Oh I gotta paint the acrylic around the leds too.

Attached Files:

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

That looks really good, congrats

8. Click Here!

9. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Nice child lock LOL. My kid (curious 3year old) never messes with the tank surprisingly. She goes "Power head's working now," "Goby's in the sump," "Crabbies are so cute." LOL

How is the acrylic surrounding case attached to the heatsink? (Is there any LED build thread?) How many color did you use? Cool white and royal blue?

Looking really great! Keep the pics coming!!!

10. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I drilled and tapped two holes on each side and secured with screws. I didn't really take to many pictures of the construction of the light, was to excited assembling it. Its made of 84 LEDs 42 neutral white and 42 royal blue with 40deg optics. I was originally going to run two Thomas research drivers but Nanotuners didn't know when they were going to be getting them in and I was getting antsy so I bought 6 meanwell drivers...and I'm kinda wishing I would have waited for the Thomas research only because would have been nice to only have two drivers under my stand instead of six. Also you can dim the LEDs much lower with the Thomas research.

11. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Got my ato set up finally today gonna do a water change then set up my water change tub so I can just syphon water then flip a pump on fill it back up. Hopefully works as well as I hope lol.

12. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Can anyone recommend a fish that'll eat algae and be suitable for my tank 48x24x12? I know range are pretty much out beings that it's less the 70 gallons. I'd like to actually swim around and graze and what not.