New aquarium 06/12/2011!!! Finally set up!!!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by malac0da13, Feb 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Thanks I couldn't of done it without the help of my wife. I'm leaving for wildwood nj tomorrow and I Betta get this other tank outside finally so I don't really have time to reshape it till I get back. When u get back I'll also get to setup and install my new ro system and water change station yay!!! No more flooding my kitchen yay!!! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Yay got my new buckeye field supply ro hooked up with a float and got my saltwater mixing can and ato can set up. yay!!!

4. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Though I would add a couple pics...aquarium is a little dirty and had an outbreak of hair algae and I think bryopsis so I will be battling that again. Also looking into getting a calcium reactor...any advice? Looking into building my own and would like two build a 2 stage but seems like it might be overly complicated and not sure it would be worth it in the end.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Look at it Nom Nom Nomming on that half a silverside lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Looking great! Droid X takes great pics!

6. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Thanks I'm pretty surprised with it actually. Sad though I have a nice Nikon d3000 that should take better pics but I can't get to lol.

7. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Sorry accidently quoted and posted lol.

8. Click Here!

9. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Just got a tomini tang. Can't get a picture yet as he's being skittish which is to be expected. Its pretty small maybe 3 inches.

10. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Nice add. Would like to see some pic of the new tang.

Whats wrong with the D3000? What kind of lens do you have? I use the D90 with Nikkor 35mm 1.8G, works well for me. Cant get close ups? White balance?

11. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Not the camera its the operator lol. I can take pictures just fine just not of the tank lol. I think its the white balance I am having trouble with. Colors just never look right or I have trouble getting things to stay in focus...tripod would definitely help with that though.

12. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

I said this on different thread as a little tip about tweaking the white balance:
    set the Aperture Priority mode (turn the dial on the top to "A"). Aim at the sand so the most part in the frame is white (or you can sink something white in the tank and aim), shoot a few. Im sure they look blueish first. Now tweak the white balance. There are some preset white balance modes (Florescent, Outside, Shade Mode and so on), if you can find the setting that shows the white as white, thats the setting you wanna use. My setting is "Custom Kelvin" and its set to "8330K." This shows the white as white under my lighting. This way, you can get rid of the blueness from the pictures.

And this is from the Stickied thread about taking great tank pics.

Try to stop the current (ie: powerhead, return pump, etc) so the fish swim less to avoid blurriness when you take pics. I never use tripod yet.

I hope this helps.