New Algae Scrubbers

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by SantaMonica, Sep 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. daninfamous

daninfamous Flamingo Tongue

want to sell me the prototype lol

2. Click Here!

3. SantaMonica

SantaMonica Fire Shrimp

I'll get back around to it one day. But you might be able to use the new version I'm working on even easier. Will be posting some info soon.

4. SantaMonica

SantaMonica Fire Shrimp

Coming Soon: Good news for nano owners who want scrubbers. If you have not been able to easily put a scrubber below or above your tank, this might work for you. And you probably already have the parts to make it.

5. srusso

srusso Plankton

Well, what is it? Lol

6. chappy85

chappy85 Coral Banded Shrimp

Exactly what i need!
    i look forward to this :)

7. SantaMonica

SantaMonica Fire Shrimp

LED test on SM100:

9 days of growth after cleaning. Fluorescent on left, LED on right. LED is the 50 watt Grow Light from EshineSystems in China. Actually uses 41 watts per the KillOwatt. Was raised up 3/4 inch to fit in middle of scrubber window. Camera is unfortunately an old one, since new one is being repaired. Growth was very similar on both sides; too similar to tell them apart. Growth on the LED side was floating a bit higher since it had no light near the bottom. LED was about $140 including shipping, and I asked for the black case:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video:
    Santa Monica 100 LED Test - YouTube

LED:
    3G 50W LED Grow Light - LED Grow Light, LED Aquarium Light, LED Lighting...

8. Click Here!

9. cain

cain Astrea Snail

what led's are those SM?

10. SantaMonica

SantaMonica Fire Shrimp

Look at the last link above.

11. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

Very Cool

Wanted to give you a WAY TO GO with your R&D regarding scrubbers, and also the way you share information and DIYs. My love for refugiums came by way of using scrubbers 15 years ago and like you spent many years R&Ding them(Refugiums). I enjoy reading your writings and have found for the most part those who do R & D WITH DIFFERENT aquarium products have no problem sharing their findings.
    I noticed you show patent pendings good luck with that, patents are a funny thing only a small percent of the world's population has them and only a smaller percent make money from them. I patented the Refugium Filter Design (414-242) years ago when few knew what they were. At MACNA X i was the only vender with refugiums (lost best new Aquarium product to a 2 gallon rotating aquarium) Don't see them around anymore but you sure do refugiums:)
    Keep doing what your doing! It's hobbiest like you that show passion with action not just words that move our hobby forward. Even if i don't agree with all you post i know why you are saying it that way. In time you will remember that's there is no best way.

Best of luck on your path SB+!!!

12. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

That was to be: Best of luck SM+ not SB+ my bad:)