New Acrylic Pico Available! - Dymax IQ3

Discussion in 'Big Al's Online' started by Big Al's Online, May 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Big Al's Online

Big Al's Online 3reef Sponsor

We now carry a great little acrylic pico aquarium called the IQ3 from DYMAX!

[​IMG][​IMG]

The description is as follows:
    The Dymax IQ3 Acrylic Aquarium is a stunning, high-quality mini acrylic aquarium complete with lighting and integrated filtration. Constructed from ultra-clear and durable 1/4" acrylic, the IQ3 has no sharp edges, and is stronger and safer than glass. The filtration is hidden behind the built-in black acrylic false wall, and uses an overflow to keep the surface of the aquarium clear of oily buildup. The Bio-Sponge filter uses a diffusion plate to ensure even flow of water through the filter media; ensuring optimal performance. The compact return pump has great flow, and uses a small duck-bill nozzle to create a strong, yet gentle flow throughout the aquarium. The Dymax IQ3 comes complete with the Robot LED system - a slim, bright, and energy efficient dimmable fixture.

The build quality is great and we are pleased to see they constructed the aquarium from 1/4" acrylic making the IQ3 very sturdy. The back chamber can easily fit a small heater, as well as be converted to a refugium for those reefers out there who care to do so (we have tested the unit here). The LED light it comes with is capable of keeping plants, algaes, and some soft corals a live and growing. More of the ROBOT dimmable LED's can be added (up to 3 total) to the unit to increase light output for more light demanding organisms.

Check out the great price of these units by following the links below!!!
    They can be found on our website by following THIS LINK!
    The ROBOT LED lights can be purchased separately by following THIS LINK!

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

cool, Big Al

I have seen the IQ3 up close out here
    one of my LFS has one set up

these are really well built and good looking units IMO

Steve

4. hasek1639

hasek1639 Fire Shrimp

i am so in for one of these. It looks amazing and would look great on a self in my built in book selves in the house. or even better on my desk at home.

5. Big Al's Online

Well, we have them in stock; ready and waiting for you!

Don't forget that we have a great price match policy, so if you can find it for cheaper at any other authorized online dealer we will match and beat their price by 5%!

6. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

haha so umm how much does it hold?

7. Big Al's Online

I believe it holds 1.6 gallons.
    It is 7" x 8" x 7"

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  8. Click Here!

9. Barbarossa

Barbarossa Sea Dragon

What more can you tell me about the lights.

watts per bulb, PAR, color temp, number of bulbs, light spread?

I am looking for a few supplemental lights for my 14" cube.

10. Big Al's Online

As for the lighting, Dymax doesn't give the exact specs. The fixture has all cool white LEDs which I would compare to about 12K~14K by the looks of them. They are not high wattage, the whole fixture claims to run off less than 4 watts. However low the wattage is, it still seems to be capable of sustaining plants and low light corals. I would probably use 2 or 3 ROBOT LED fixtures if keeping any corals. Low light plants like anubias, crypts, java moss, java fern etc. will be fine under the single fixture the tank comes with.

11. Big Al's Online

I figured I may as well take a couple photos of the tank with 3 lights on it to show how they fit. I didn't plug them in since there is only a single outlet near the display model.

Attached Files:

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish