New A.G.E. 40x28x22 Pic intense

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by BTowned, May 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BTowned

BTowned Peppermint Shrimp

yeah, it made it, for me that one is a tough coral, but for the life of me, it looks horrible, unless from the top down. I have it fragged into three mini colonies, and two are in other tanks. Trying to see the ideal conditions to get that great color. IMO, that coral, is best when you get a frag from an established colony, like from Unique Corals. The fresh imported stuff, is all coming in bleached out....so the coral is already stressed out....I wish I had a camcorder ready, it was incredible, when I tossed that B/W in the tank, and the vortech current swept it away....To watch the true perc find it, and kind of lead him to the anemone, it was classic. He had to really coax him over to the nem....but now the two of them just have a great time swimming, almost surfing through the mass of tentacles.
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. BTowned

I got the green efflo from Copps on Reef Central.....I've never seen one too, so I had to buy it.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I am sure, I just enjoy the images of the two clowns in the anemone, nice contrast.

You know I have heard that about Strawberry shortcake, I sure hope it becomes one of those aquacultured corals that gets easier as the generations go on. I have seen some stunning images of really intense red against the more yellow tinged tissue, it's beautiful.

Do you have any Hawkins?

5. BTowned

I used to have a big colony of it, but never replaced it after my first crash. Here is my inspiration for having less big colonies and the magnifica.....it's an incredible tank.
    2Sunny's 240 Coral Garden Cube

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I have never seen that tank before wow.

300 gallon sump, and frag tank.

I love the two separate islands and the grotto down the middle.

Thank you for sharing, that is one of the nicest tanks I have ever seen, quite the motivation.

7. BTowned

That tank has the largest purple monster colony I have ever seen, and his Oregon Tort is huge too.....

8. Click Here!

9. BTowned

I am happy to report that my magnifica hasn't moved at all, and only deflated once. He wasn't doing the typical inflate/deflate everyday, but he wasn't fully expanded. I believe my lighting was too powerful for it, initially. So I moved the rock, so that the nem wouldn't get the full effect of 2x400W.
    The tips are beginning to get yellow.
    [​IMG]

I scored this guy also...gorgeous purple base, with yellow tips...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The clowns moved to this nem, and when the B/W clown gets into the nem, he will go head down, and not even move, it almost looks like he was getting eaten.
    I had to move the nems a bit, as well as clean up my display
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  10. BTowned

I have a new most expensive fish, just because he like to eat nice LPS
    this
    [​IMG]
    is now this....he munched it in only a day, was super fat...there is a sliver of tissue left only...lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    he ate half my bubble gum monster, my tyree red watermelon, and a 1/3 of my miami hurricane...the problem is I found all this out after I already paid for this new chalice.
    second eye forming on My Miami
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2nd Magnifica
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]