New A.G.E. 40x28x22 Pic intense

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by BTowned, May 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BTowned

BTowned Peppermint Shrimp

I had some good growth in the last few months....here is my Ultimate Rainbow acro
    [​IMG]
    and here it is today....it's taking forever for it to recover from getting browned out from shipping...
    [​IMG]
    Garf Bonsai being relocated after spending most of its time in the backside of my reef, have it 2/3 up the rocks now
    [​IMG]
    Here is a FTS after I added some rock, created an arch and adding more surface front to back in my tank. Also swapped the MP60 toward the front pane and the MP 40 toward the rear panel.

[​IMG]

This shot kind of gives you an idea of the arch
    [​IMG]

I'm dumping some acros, since I have an idea for more of a mixed reef. I am acclimating all my sps to my pendant, and will eventually have all my acros on the top 1/3 of the reef.

2. Click Here!

3. reelfishy

reelfishy Astrea Snail

Awsome tank. Love the dims.

4. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

Very nice, thanks for showing!

Mixed reef, huh? Going for some of the rarer LPS?

5. BTowned

Actually I have some rare stuff that I took over from a local who is getting out. Nice favia, chalices etc....SPS is great, but it is hard to keep things rock solid and not lose pieces you may have owned for years. I have a really hard time killing LPS or softies, so I am going to a mixed reef, so the tank has movement... I am probably be getting a Ritteri very soon, so I need to make some room for it.

My plans for a mixed reef may change, when rearranged my rocks, I found some chalices with a lot of tissue eaten off the skeleton....the verdict...the Blue Faced Angel....I love those fish so much, I don't care if it eats all the chalices....it picks on acros too, but he doesn't effect the tissue. On chalices and acans, he will take mouthfuls....lol

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

The arch looks really good.

7. BTowned

Thanks Coralline although making that arch and adding rock to make the platform for my nem, meant adding some dead rock, which must have had PO4's because I sure got a quick bloom of this green almost cyano algae, it's not good thing....it comes off easily with siphoning......
    I finally found a local Ritteri, and it was a lot better than what I ordered online, but damn, it was under low power leds and had it's foot on the front glass at the very top...not only that but the tank had insufficient flow for this nem....I also got a small b/w to pair with my perc. No designer fish for me at this time. The perc took a night to find the nem, after I chased him into it. Yesterday I introduced the B/W and it got pushed across the tank in the flow of the MP60. It was under a rock, and an hour later, I see my perc, swim over to it...and guide him to the nem...it was kinda cool

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I got a very cool green efflo, which I haven't seen before..
    [​IMG]
    picked up this neon green/yellow deepwater too
    [​IMG]
    I introduced this guy a month ago, he is doing a great job eating my chalices, and acans...lol...basically ate all of a golden eye watermelon, Alien eye , and an Acan colony I bought for $$$$, 3 years ago... :yahoo: the bastard! Oh well, i love these angelfish
    [​IMG]
    BTW I bought some yumas a month plus ago from Aquatic collections locally, and they have a bunch of great ones from Vietnam....and they don't melt, just make sure you choose a fat one, that doesn't have the pucker mouth...a fat one mean's it's thick, not thin....
    [​IMG]
    from Neptune Aquatics Acropora Simplex...
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. BTowned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    fts with a bunch of coral being rearranged to the backside of the rockwork....I'm getting a second ritteri on Tuesday, and want to have a nice flat spot for it to plant it's foot. And getting a nicely healed My Miami chalice, now that an eye doesn't cost 1500.00 per...
    pic of second ritteri held at store until shipping Monday,,,hope it ships ok, the nem looks good
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  10. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Stunning as always! Any SPS you HAVE to get rid of..?

11. BTowned

I gave a lot of sps away locally...What I would like to have is a tank that has less large colonies instead of 80 mini colonies that have to be constantly pruned back. Im moving in the next year, so I would like to make this a Magnifica clownfish tank, and set up a larger peninsula style sps reef....

12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Boy and Wow I would not have been able to pass those up with the set up you have ( the Ritteri). The combination of the B/W and the other clown is perfect.

A lot of fun to watch I am sure. I love the sps and lps but the movement of anemones and clowns is really rewarding.

Can not say I have ever seen a Green Efflo hmmmm.

Did any of the Strawberry shortcake make it?