New A.G.E. 40x28x22 Pic intense

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by BTowned, May 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BTowned

BTowned Peppermint Shrimp

GHL Direct - GHL Lighting Controllers Dimmers Profilux Online

Bought it directly from Profilux, it's one of the best pieces of equipment I own.

Thanks Sprarky...a few more pics..
    Got this maricultured piece, that has two different species growing together.
    [​IMG]
    sweet purple tipped efflo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. BTowned

4. BTowned

Ive played around with this ATL Fire Polyp Undata, having frags in different spots, I like the color I get from low light.
    [​IMG]
    Still cant get over how fast my Pink Lemonade has grown in the past 30 days...it has definitely hit it's stride...
    [​IMG]
    FTS
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

Absolutely, totally awesome! I just finished reading this entire thread and I'm in awe. It's so good to see T5's being used for an SPS tank. You are a total inspiration for T5 lovers such as myself. I have a 4' x 8 bulbs and a 2' x 8 bulbs retrofits for my 210. I had a 120 so I got the 4' T5 retrofit and when I moved up to the 210 I had to add a 2' to give me 6' of light. I was inspired by the Grim Reefer at reef central and he gave me a sequence of bulbs that I've used. I buy my bulbs from reefgeek.com and I was curious where you buy yours and if you can see anything that I can adjust on my bulb sequence. Front to rear:
    ATI Blue+
    GE 6500K
    UVL 75/25 (14K)
    ATI blue+
    UVL Aquasun 10K
    ATI Blue+
    ATI Aquablue 12K
    ATI Blue+
    I like your camera but I think the clear glass helps. Great thread, very informative.

6. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

Awesome tank and pics... one question... how is the trigger doing in the reef? As we know they are usually not reef safe?

7. BTowned

Thanks Marlinman

The only thing I would change out that I didn't like when I had it, was the Aquasun bulb, which imo makes the tank look a little red/pink...I like to offset the 6500K GE bulb with the Actinic White bulb. The Aquascience bulbs are a little better with their 15K over the comparable Aquablue Special. But it wasnt worth the added cost to ship or the price of the bulb from Premium Aquatics....I will probably just keep it with the ATI bulbs and buy everything from ReefGeek...

Pelado, the only thing you have to worry with the trigger, is him swimming into coral and breaking them. He has broken big branches twice, chasing food. Other than that, all the Planktonic feeding triggers, which have the big rounded heads, such as the Pink Tail and the Crosshatch are all reef safe...they have great personalities, and I highly recommend a Blue Throat to anyone who is thinking about getting a trigger for their reef.

8. Click Here!

9. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

I saw a blue throat trigger the other day and they are a nice fish. I had a pink tail that was a great fish!
    I'm going to check into the aquascience bulb. Which actinic bulb did you use?

10. BTowned

ATI Super Actinic

11. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

as always looking great :)

12. BTowned

Thanks Jake...more pics ..
    trying to decide if I want to keep my nano, since it's getting hot and I really don't want to add a chiller. I mounted some of my stuff on some frag rocks that have been in my sump for the last several months...I took the opportunity to see how it would look in the tank, and the T5's do a better job at highlighting these coral.

I mounted two small frags, the Bryan's Baby Hybrid Watermelon, and the other I got in a trade some watermelon with great colors, just tiny.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Golden Eye Watermelon
    [​IMG]
    Bright blue with bright Pink eye
    [​IMG]
    Emerald Mummy Eye, you can see where my Emperor took a bite out of it right after I placed it in the big tank.
    [​IMG]
    Mh
    [​IMG]
    Oregon Mummy Eye
    [​IMG]
    True Jedi Mind Trick Monti
    [​IMG]
    BGM
    [​IMG]
    Leng Sy, Ice Blue Stag, ATL tabling acro
    [​IMG]
    Reef Dan pre LE Live coral
    [​IMG]
    Actinic of the Pink Lemonade
    [​IMG]
    Lower light, bottom of my tank, I get a nice dark green with bright purple growth edge on the base
    [​IMG]
    Looking up at a Purple Rim Efflo
    [​IMG]
    Sunset Mille, Jose Casas Candlelight Acro, ORA German Green Blue Polyp Acro
    [​IMG]
    The next three pics are pics of the growth I stimulated by cutting the growth tip of these two milles as well as the super slow growing Rommels Rainbow Acro
    Check out the new growth after cutting two weeks ago...Aussie Red/Green Mille
    [​IMG]
    Red Mille
    [​IMG]
    Rommels Rainbow Acro
    [​IMG]
    Seeing that tip sprout three new nubs is huge..