New 40G Stretch Hex

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Jason McKenzie, Apr 11, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Jason McKenzie link=board=DIY;num=1081708119;start=30#38 date=06/02/04 at 11:49:58]Well I hate to say it but after three or four really bone head moves I now hate my planed overflow/return system.  I should have listened to you all.  So I'm going to build a simple return and the side holes are going to be converted into a closed loop.  It's going to rain all week end anyway.  I wonder if I'll ever get livestock in it ;)

Jason[/quote]

What were the bone head moves?

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Well, I usually by sugar sand that has in big bold letters NO RINSING REQUIRED and it is deemed "Live sand" well I thought that is what I was buying. Nope so I dumped 60 pounds of crap filled sand into the tank. I took a week and a half to clear and has lined everything with a fine powder. It's not very easy to get off.
    I also took my 5 days to fill the tank I made what I thought was 40G of water prior and then did a 10G water change on my 75G this turned out to be about 20G of water and 10G from the water change. I kept steeling water from my water supply to do top offs in the 75G. Plumbing took for ever. I have so many reducers and enlargers that its not funny but 90% of the supplies I initially bought were wrong or not needed.

It's just been very long and despite thinking I had thought it out 100% it hasn't worked out that way

J

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid