New 3reef coming soon!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 7, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. szidls

szidls Feather Duster

Well since this is another thread.........Hey Matt is the upgrade gonna happen? Or is this just part of the Petco Website Extravaganza? [smiley=tounge2.gif]
    Scott ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hey guys,

Yes it will happen. I just can't say how soon realistically because some of it is out of my hands. It's been a big project involving several people now beyond myself.

Unfortunately when it's other people involved, sometimes you are not on your own schedule but theirs. :p That is the case now as I am waiting for someone to wrap something up. Once they do I could turn it on in a matter of days.

In the meantime, I am doing a little be more each day. Just today, every zip code in the USA was entered in a database. (Why? I'm not telling. :) ) But you can imagine that was a lot of zip codes and involved 8 megabytes of text that had to broken up into 1 meg chunks to install. Another hurdle jumped and on to the next challenge whatever that may be.

So, sorry it's not right away, but all I can say is I want it done asap and I am doing everything I can. I hope we all can enjoy it when it's done and I can finally string a few beers together and take it in. Thanks for your patience. Should be a party. Date to be determined. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

matt

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Believe you me, Matt is doing everything possiable to make the launch happen :D

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Hang in there Mattie! Great job!

6. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Is it gonna be a "Paaarteeee over here or a paarteeee over there!?" OK, I can't rap.

Don't kill yourself over all this, it won't be the same if you are not here!!!!!! Take your time, we will all be here! ;)

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Too late. I had strep throat last week. But now I am on penicillin. I am invincible now! muhahahahahaa :)

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

[quote author=Matt Rogers link=board=Sitenews;num=1110244333;start=30#35 date=04/06/05 at 10:57:38]I am invincible now! muhahahahahaa    :)[/quote]

We new that!

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I finally received a piece of the puzzle I needed for the new site from a friend. The ball is now back in my court. As soon as I get my taxes done, the new site will be wrapped up. Sorry for the delay. It will be worth it.

11. Craig Manoukian

Taxes, me too! Thanks for the update!

12. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

Now you have the zip codes in, you can start on Canadian Postal Codes for us polar bears up here.
    Oh yeah! I keep forgetting you have area's with much worse weather than I do. Just saw on CNN somewhere in the US has 2 feet of wet snow in the last couple of days.