New 3reef coming soon!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 7, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hello!
    Still on schedule... but as I am getting my hands dirty I am realizing how massive this is.. kinda tricky going from flat files to databases. ;) But so far so good! Hang tight. :)

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Sounds like a lot of work Matt [smiley=builder2.gif]you will defiantly need a cold one or 6 when you finish. [smiley=beer2.gif]

[quote author=Matt Rogers link=board=Sitenews;num=1110244333;start=0#11 date=03/11/05 at 10:53:01] Hang tight. :)[/quote]

I'm a hanging 8)

5. Craig Manoukian

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Here's an update...

I think I am 75% done with the nuts and bolts of the new site. :)

It's a beast.

Basically I've been working on this practically every night and weekends since my last update. I have to tell my self to shower, go to bed, eat, that sort of thing. It's a good time to be single. ;D

Anyway, some things you should know...

Your current username and password will work on the new site.

Save any important PMs you have on to your computer now. My tests show these transferred for some other users, but not me! So no confidence there.

Think about what photos you want to save from the photo gallery and organize them on your computer. Currently there is no way to import them into the groovy new setup without doing it manually. The good news is that I will not take the old gallery down for a very long time, so they will be there when you are ready if you don't still have them on your computer.

Other than that, everything else that is important made it's way over. 8) This is huge considering what importing means here.

So now I have to wrap up some mechanical issues, install a thing or two and then actually polish it all up so it looks nice. It may happen real soon, or in a week. But it's happening. And that's my update. Goodnight! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

7. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Matt That sounds Great but I think you need to take a day off and relaxe with a few cold ones [smiley=beer2.gif] and rest your eyes they must be burning and blood shot by now and you must be doing code in your sleep [smiley=stars.gif] [smiley=snore1.gif]   ............  John

8. Click Here!

9. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

I agree with fletch. Get a couple Coronas a shot of tequila ;D and pass out.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

You guys I'll party it up for sure when I'm done.

It's a much better buzz that way. ;) :)

I just cleared another hurdle seconds ago, now I have to install one more thing... fill in a bunch of categories here and there then slap some paint on it and reimport everything. Then I might actually launch this thing. :)

* Important reminder, please read my last post (from last night or this morning was it? ) on the previous page for instructions to prepare for the new site.

11. Craig Manoukian

12. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

This has been an investigative report from Matt Rogers deep under cover! LOL
    Wow Matt sounds like you've been workin' your butt off I can't wait to see it!
    Will the new 3reef have a whole different feel to it what will be the same? What will be different?